The Premier League

Happy Easter!!

Cannot remember the thread but a while ago there was one where somebody was saying they werent bothered about playing in the EPL; they didn't like the idea of paying 40 plus a match to watch Rooney and Torres (haha) scoring hat tricks past us and battling relegation, that the EPL is a series of mini leagues now with little room to break free of the respective leagues (good point).

I have seen other similiar points made that it would be better to be a CCC top 6 side!!

Some of the points i have seen are about the general state of the prem and how it has become quite un fair,

My boss at work is a blunt, not a huge fan but he started going again when they went up to the prem, purely to watch the superstars of the prem, he did say it was a bit gash watching them run circles around his team though.

I want to go up to the prem, i would probably have to go to less games due to the prices unless i have a job or life style change, i would also love to go and watch the top players play and hopefully have a few of our own to get excited about but i do see where the negativity comes from.

Im watching some football specials on BT vision on demand and tge current featured match is us vs spurs in 94, it has come on by complete chance while i write this, the whole ground is full and there is a very real atmosphere and we are playing a high tempo game.

I mean, you get nicer kits, your away games are on sky quite often, when you travel away its the Emirates and Whit hart lane, what's not to love?

Winning the League cup is a real possibility for ANY prem team and we get excited now over a run in a cup.

I would rather be a bottom of the prem team than a top champ side because i see the whole thing as one massive league, anybody not really that interested in getting back up there?? Why?

Often wondered about this. I think we need to look at teams like Stoke and, more long term, Bolton. They've got up to the Prem, stayed there, played tough, and improved slowly over the years. Bolton now are chasing Europe but never in danger of going down.

This would be a good place to be in 10 years time.

Better still, though, would be an epic cash injection on a Man City scale and we can dream of Champ League and Titles!

Guest Distraught!

Better still, though, would be an epic cash injection on a Man City scale and we can dream of Champ League and Titles!

I don't agree with this bit. Hardly any of these people put money in as gifts. They are generally wrapped up as loan notes. Like a few years after Abramovich moved in at Chelsea it became apparent that all the money is owed back. Maybe he won't get it but technically Chelsea have gone from being 90 million in the red under Bates to gazillions in the red under Abramovich.

I don't want to see some oil sheikh that treats the club like some little plaything come in and sign Lazysodhino for 45 million simply because they can then watch Lazysodhino wearing tights and gloves because Sheffield is too cold in September. Then watch him limp off after 70 minutes of the first game holding his hamstring because he fancies lying on a beach in the Carribean for a month while our club pay him another 600K wages! flip all that!

Just give me mid table Premier League obscurity on a sustainable budget and that will be enough for me.

I don't agree with this bit. Hardly any of these people put money in as gifts. They are generally wrapped up as loan notes. Like a few years after Abramovich moved in at Chelsea it became apparent that all the money is owed back. Maybe he won't get it but technically Chelsea have gone from being 90 million in the red under Bates to gazillions in the red under Abramovich.

I don't want to see some oil sheikh that treats the club like some little plaything come in and sign Lazysodhino for 45 million simply because they can then watch Lazysodhino wearing tights and gloves because Sheffield is too cold in September. Then watch him limp off after 70 minutes of the first game holding his hamstring because he fancies lying on a beach in the Carribean for a month while our club pay him another 600K wages! flip all that!

Just give me mid table Premier League obscurity on a sustainable budget and that will be enough for me.

same goes for me as well.

Happy Easter!!

Cannot remember the thread but a while ago there was one where somebody was saying they werent bothered about playing in the EPL; they didn't like the idea of paying 40 plus a match to watch Rooney and Torres (haha) scoring hat tricks past us and battling relegation, that the EPL is a series of mini leagues now with little room to break free of the respective leagues (good point).

I have seen other similiar points made that it would be better to be a CCC top 6 side!!

Some of the points i have seen are about the general state of the prem and how it has become quite un fair,

My boss at work is a blunt, not a huge fan but he started going again when they went up to the prem, purely to watch the superstars of the prem, he did say it was a bit gash watching them run circles around his team though.

I want to go up to the prem, i would probably have to go to less games due to the prices unless i have a job or life style change, i would also love to go and watch the top players play and hopefully have a few of our own to get excited about but i do see where the negativity comes from.

Im watching some football specials on BT vision on demand and tge current featured match is us vs spurs in 94, it has come on by complete chance while i write this, the whole ground is full and there is a very real atmosphere and we are playing a high tempo game.

I mean, you get nicer kits, your away games are on sky quite often, when you travel away its the Emirates and Whit hart lane, what's not to love?

Winning the League cup is a real possibility for ANY prem team and we get excited now over a run in a cup.

I would rather be a bottom of the prem team than a top champ side because i see the whole thing as one massive league, anybody not really that interested in getting back up there?? Why?

We're currently there, and I'd love to stay up. The Blues won the league Cup. We got to a FA Cup semi final (albeit it was the year we won the championship) we have done so much this season. Won at the Emirates, taken points at Old Trafford. I wouldn't change it for the world. It always annoys when "Fans" say the prem is ruining football. cause of the money. it isn't. It a chance to see some of the greatest players of this Era and go head to head with them. If their club was in the Prem would they say the same thing?

We're currently there, and I'd love to stay up. The Blues won the league Cup. We got to a FA Cup semi final (albeit it was the year we won the championship) we have done so much this season. Won at the Emirates, taken points at Old Trafford. I wouldn't change it for the world. It always annoys when "Fans" say the prem is ruining football. cause of the money. it isn't. It a chance to see some of the greatest players of this Era and go head to head with them. If their club was in the Prem would they say the same thing?

I know exactly what your saying and i completely agree,

WBA have had a fantastic season, i only hope we get to that level while im young enough to enjoy it

Me Too. Good luck to Man City, they've had it rough in Uniteds shadow, so I can see why they are loving it. But personally, i'd hate our club to end up like that.

I know exactly what your saying and i completely agree,

WBA have had a fantastic season, i only hope we get to that level while im young enough to enjoy it

I honestly believe you'll be up there in 5 years. You may not stay there at first attempt, but, you will get there. I know what Megson is capable of. Once you get the scouting and academy sorted you'll be flying