Start him for the first 60 or bring him on for the last 30?

He was awful yesterday for the first half yesterday, fastest man on picth and he didn't run at anyone, his body language was awful. Last 20 he was brillaint, tore them to shreads time after time.So start him and then bring him off when he tires hopefully when we are a couple of goals up and we try and close the game out, or use him as an impact sub and get him to stretch the game in the last 30 mins?

to inconsistent for me, but on his day he is a match winner, i always think he is better when brought on and got something to prove but i'd have him in the team over sedgewick any day. need another winger preferably a left footed one

I want us to sign another winger to play on one side, with Teale playing on the other sides.

However, I would also give JJ a new contract at the end of the season (a one year deal). I think he can be more than useful in this league and the one above. He's a bit of an enigma, a very fast, yet inconsistant match winner. He wins or turns matches on his own sometimes and it's hard to find players like JJ, but with consistancy at this level as they're playing at a much higher level.

So if we can get two pretty consistant wingers playing, i.e. Teale and another, we can use Johnson more sparingly off the bench, be it out wide right or left, or even up front when things arn't going our way.

He is one of the most infuriating players I've ever seen in the Blue and White, can be totally unplayable one week, then the next not even look like a professional footballer. But I still maintain he's one of our most important members of our squad, due to his pace and ability to create things and win games on his own.

Start him for the first 60 or bring him on for the last 30?

He was awful yesterday for the first half yesterday, fastest man on picth and he didn't run at anyone, his body language was awful. Last 20 he was brillaint, tore them to shreads time after time.So start him and then bring him off when he tires hopefully when we are a couple of goals up and we try and close the game out, or use him as an impact sub and get him to stretch the game in the last 30 mins?

I know football is all about opinions but the reason JJ was quiet was because of the lack of service he recieved. A lot of our main attacking threats (especially in the first half) was through Teale and Jones linking up. As Teale started to tire, JJ was the typical attacking outlet.

Having JJ on the left hand side suits him better as he loves cutting inside defenders with his pace.

JJ is their because of his pace, many players in many teams are there simply because of a certain attribute such as, pace, hieght, crossing, shooting! more so in lower leagues as all rounders will be aiming higher.

For a player whos attribute is pace, its diffucult for them to be affective for 90minutes. you tell me humans nether mind players than can sprint for 90minutes.

He has to have quiet spells to preserve energy. now attributes such as hieght or a good cross dont exactly take it out of you do they????

Makes things look worse when he works hard for ten mins and gets no results, because this normally means 10 mins easing up. so turns out to be 20 minutes doing nothing.

Edited by zakswfc

Guest danny wath owl

If jj was consistent he would be a prem player in a prem team by now. He can win us a game but also do nothing for 90 mins! I think regardless who comes in keep jj around even if last 20 mins impact player !

Guest Big Guns

jj should start every game has hes the only player that at any point in a game can produce some magic, lets face it sedgwick is abysmal from start to finish.

maybe its just me, i thought JJ worked pretty hard yesterday. did a lot of tracking back, won the ball back a few times and really looked up for it.

Think in the first half we failed to really get the ball out wide, both JJ and Teale were pretty quiet as attacking threats. Second half when we started playing it out wide we looked a much more dangerous proposition, even spurr started pouring forward and nearly scored a right screamer.

Inconsistency is always going to be his problem though, if we fail to get promotion hes probably worth another year.

The only player in the squad who can do something different infuriating yes but I bet you you were out your seat for the goal for the next mazy run for teh 40y ard crossfield ball with the outside of the foot for the volley just wide of the post.

All these idiots telling us to get rid at the end the seaon ....who are you going to replace hom with ?