Time to wipe the slate clean?

I don't want the world, I just want to see progress. If you leave last season's abject surrender to relegation out of it, and judge our manager on this season alone, our manager has been able to bring in 13 new players and yet we are sliding down the table, has he brought in the wrong players? have we got the wrong manager?

Can someone tell me how a team which must have the biggest wage budget in the division can get hammered at Exeter and Orient, lose against 10 man Plymouth, draw against 9 man Yeovil, and be regularly outplayed up and down the country.Sooner or later, something has to give.

Thats easy i can explain that its called the Irvine effect. Bad decisions, Bad team selections, and Bigging up the crap opposition. We all heard about how hard the school bully was you know the one who actually never hit anyone but had everyone quaking in thier boots, well thats what Irvine does to our team every match after bigging up the opposition. Thats why he needs to go, time isn't on our side now though to be brutally honest i think its been left too late and any chances we had of going up this season have all but dissapeared.

Guest Keighley Owl

Clean slate? A clean sheet would be nice! He might be a hard working guy but how can he inspire his players if he constantly talks up the other team. We aren’t great but we are playing the champions of Europe every week either. The football is bitty and dull on the whole.

Does anyone want to be in this league another year? In interviews’ he makes it sound like he is ready for the sack and people then feel compassion because a fair minded person does not want anyone to loose his job, but he will get another one along with a compensation package. Every manager starts a job knowing unless he has great success he will be sacked.

I don't want to get into arguments with people but there are a couple of points I'd like to make.

I'm not wiping the slate clean and forgetting about this season because it has been a poor and embarrassing at times.

I've not seen anything on the pitch to show that we are moving in the right direction.

Irvine's style of football means we will never achieve anything, teams that are successful play to their strengths and impose themselves on the opposition, we never do this.

Just because I want a new manager doesn't mean I don't support the team or I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket!

Good post

I don't think its a preperation problem. If Irvine watches DVD's and picks up weaknesses of the oppsositions that's fine, but we never exploit them! We need to impose a high tempo attacking style to be successul. This is what all good teams do!

And again.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Thats easy i can explain that its called the Irvine effect. Bad decisions, Bad team selections, and Bigging up the crap opposition. We all heard about how hard the school bully was you know the one who actually never hit anyone but had everyone quaking in thier boots, well thats what Irvine does to our team every match after bigging up the opposition. Thats why he needs to go, time isn't on our side now though to be brutally honest i think its been left too late and any chances we had of going up this season have all but dissapeared.

Are you going tomorrow Matt? We're on the South near the Lepp, block FF I think.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.