Cross Ben Davies off the list....

Guest Saturday Owl

Very sad to see this, County seem to be having money problems at a guess with the amount of players there shifting out.

Looking to offload Hughes, Westcarr and clearly Davies. Shame that Davies went to Derby but a good chance for him to prove himself at a higher level.

Wouldn't mind that Westcarr lad though, seems quick and has scored 10 this season off the wing, him or Weston depending on who's cheaper and younger would be my choice.

But please NOT Hughes, I hope if he does leave County he missed S6 and he rots in the reserves at a club like Sflaphorpe.

Guest Saturday Owl

My Notts County mate at uni reckons £350k, he's not happy.

Heard the fee was around the £300k Mark too which is a good buy for Derby but a shitty one for Notts County.

Guest Saturday Owl

cant be that hard up for money,they've only just signed Alan Judge from Blackburn and Alan Gow

Maybe I didn't get across my point very well, I should have put with the way there offloading their best players it might be a financial situation.

But as you say two new signings, are they loans or permanent signings?

Maybe I didn't get across my point very well, I should have put with the way there offloading their best players it might be a financial situation.

But as you say two new signings, are they loans or permanent signings?

Undisclosed fee for Judge,and Gow was on trial there so im assuming he was on a free

Another player we could look at instead of Hughes and Westcarr,what about Tom Ince

done reasonably well while on loan at County,gone back to Liverpool now

maybe they might want to try him out in a bigger game enviroment week in week out

Guest Saturday Owl

Undisclosed fee for Judge,and Gow was on trial there so im assuming he was on a free

Another player we could look at instead of Hughes and Westcarr,what about Tom Ince

done reasonably well while on loan at County,gone back to Liverpool now

maybe they might want to try him out in a bigger game enviroment week in week out

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

As for Ince looks like a tricky young player with bags of pace, I would like him here to add that little bit of a spark to a first half like on Saturday.

However his dad may have a say in his development so I fully expect County to sign him on until the end of the season sadly.

Well, this was probably County's last opportunity to earn good money on him that they can use elsewhere.

In all honesty I could have never seen Mandarić splashing out anywhere near that much for player with no re-sale value. It would be so out of character for him.

But, my question is where were all these clubs few years ago, as Davies was constantly excellent for Shrewsbury, younger, and available for less money ?

Well, this was probably County's last opportunity to earn good money on him that they can use elsewhere.

In all honesty I could have never seen Mandarić splashing out anywhere near that much for player with no re-sale value. It would be so out of character for him.

But, my question is where were all these clubs few years ago, as Davies was constantly excellent for Shrewsbury, younger, and available for less money ?

good post mate, he's always been a lower league top player that know one has taken the chance on, he's 29yo now and is doing what he has done for the last decade, he plays a killer pass or cross and sometimes shot!

in my opinion im glad derby have taken him, he's been a big fish in a small pond and a bad bit of business for clough jnr.

Guest Superblades

good post mate, he's always been a lower league top player that know one has taken the chance on, he's 29yo now and is doing what he has done for the last decade, he plays a killer pass or cross and sometimes shot!

in my opinion im glad derby have taken him, he's been a big fish in a small pond and a bad bit of business for clough jnr.

I've always rated Davies, as some of you have pointed out really surprisingly no-one has taken a punt on him until now. Great delivery too.