Richard Hinds interview

Guest YEP Digital

Guest YEP Digital

There's one thing worse than being injured – suffering that misfortune when a new manager arrives in town.

For versatile defender Richard Hinds it's a case of "tell me about it", especially with several other factors muddying the waters for the likeable 29-year-old for the bulk of the new year thus far.

Click on the link for interview: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/owls...view.6113238.jp

Guest teeba

I'll put a finger on it, having watched the highlights from Reading circus now... drop Beevers and Hinds immediately from central defence.. the two clearly cannot work together in central defence and left us exposed far too often. Man-marking closing down the opposition should practically feel their tips in their arse, covering for each other like basic stuff taking out those extra metres when your second last guy is in a duel, and shouting and communicating clearly. Basically, I feel we can attribute that dire 5-0 loss to a collective fault, but these two guys collapsed entirely in central defence and got to be dropped from those spots proving themselves incapable of steering the back four properly. I wasn't one of Purse's fans early on in the season but he's come closer to being that rock in central defence and got rid of those silly mistakes, and to land Nolan next to him with Simek and Buxton on the flanks, I'd say get rid of Hinds and Beevers.

I'll put a finger on it, having watched the highlights from Reading circus now... drop Beevers and Hinds immediately from central defence.. the two clearly cannot work together in central defence and left us exposed far too often. Man-marking closing down the opposition should practically feel their tips in their arse, covering for each other like basic stuff taking out those extra metres when your second last guy is in a duel, and shouting and communicating clearly. Basically, I feel we can attribute that dire 5-0 loss to a collective fault, but these two guys collapsed entirely in central defence and got to be dropped from those spots proving themselves incapable of steering the back four properly. I wasn't one of Purse's fans early on in the season but he's come closer to being that rock in central defence and got rid of those silly mistakes, and to land Nolan next to him with Simek and Buxton on the flanks, I'd say get rid of Hinds and Beevers.

Beevers was the only player who could come out of that game with any real credit.

They could have had 3 or 4 more if he hadn't have made a couple of brilliant last ditch tackles on Reading attackers in our 18 yard box.

I'd love to drop Hinds but we haven't got any more CB's.

Beevers was the only player who could come out of that game with any real credit.

They could have had 3 or 4 more if he hadn't have made a couple of brilliant last ditch tackles on Reading attackers in our 18 yard box.

I'd love to drop Hinds but we haven't got any more CB's.

Is this the same Beevers that failed to clear the ball for their 2nd, missed the ball completely for their 4th and ran into Hinds not allowing him to cleanly clear the ball resulting in their 5th?

Guest clumber58

Is this the same Beevers that failed to clear the ball for their 2nd, missed the ball completely for their 4th and ran into Hinds not allowing him to cleanly clear the ball resulting in their 5th?

All that was missing from that last goal was for someone to run on and throw a custard pie in the ref's face. Comedy genius!.

2nd goal wasn't his fault at all- midfield gifted the ball away not once but twice in our own third, and then left Nolan exposed against 2 attackers.

4th was the entire defences fault- 4 defenders and one attacker in the box, and the attacker gets a free tap in from 4 yards...questions will be asked as to the organisation more than anything for that goal.

For the 5th, only Hinds and Beevers wil know who was to blame... i can only assume that neither of them called for the header as they both went for it, which leaves them both responsible.

He also made at least 3 tackles when he was the last man, with an attacker baring down on goal...and nailed them all...without him it could have been much, much worse.