Kids for a Quid

Is this offer generally done once or twice a season?

Last year, (if I remember rightly) this offer was available for the Colchester and Norwich games? (Both relegated)

Both games, we expected low gates - kids for a quid possibly helped bring in 3000 to 4000 extra fans. (which compromised of both full paying adults and discounted children)

I think we missed the boat on this particular fixture.

After the "teething problems" in the Barnsley game, in which we saw alot of frustrated fans! An offer on the Scunnie game was an opportunity missed in my eyes - especially when so many fans had sampled the great new catering! Food sales alone would have been boosted with the extra kiddies

Is it possible!, that whilst the new systems are fantastic in offering purchase ability for every home game at an Instant - creates offers like Kid for a quid and freinds for a fiver harder to implement when people have already bought there tickets

Which remaining 2 fixtures should be kids for a quid?...which home games last season had the poorest attendance?

Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread

What about kid for quid at all catagory C games?

Interesting.But I wonder if this would lower the attendance, for Catagory B games for example.Also it cant be done for many games, because of Season Ticket prices paid by the 13,000 of us.But after saying that, As a season ticket holder, I'd rather see Hillsborough FULL, then empty, regardless of how fans get in.

I know it was used as an incentive for season ticket sales, but why not have free under 8s with any adult ticket?When the discussion about how expensive it is comes up I regularly hear the complaint about families especially. Perhaps drastically reducing kids prices could help? Say, £1 for under 8s, £5 for under 16s, £10 for under 18s, anywhere in the ground.I have no idea how much they were selling under 18s season tickets for though, so maybe that is already out of the question...

I know it was used as an incentive for season ticket sales, but why not have free under 8s with any adult ticket?When the discussion about how expensive it is comes up I regularly hear the complaint about families especially. Perhaps drastically reducing kids prices could help? Say, £1 for under 8s, £5 for under 16s, £10 for under 18s, anywhere in the ground.I have no idea how much they were selling under 18s season tickets for though, so maybe that is already out of the question...

Again sounds goodBut pricing seem's a little too low.I paid £279 for my little brother, 13 - In South StandDoes anybody think childs catagory should be Under 8's, Under 16's then STUDENTS and Under 19's Catagory?

Guest intercity0wl

An idea?Have a game - Kids for a QuidRent a Bouncy Castle, lol...or 2Set them up after the match on the pitch...Keep the Bars openIt basically pays for itself.Advertise it well and create a buzz

Not sure after all the extra spent on the playing surface this seaspn that a bouncy castle and kids on it is a good idea Did you see the state of the don valley surface today after the U2 concert there the other night.

Not sure after all the extra spent on the playing surface this seaspn that a bouncy castle and kids on it is a good idea Did you see the state of the don valley surface today after the U2 concert there the other night.

Was there equipment on the turf with fans aswell? What time did gates open?I honestly dont think a bouncy castle for 1 hour after the game would hurt the turf at all

Guest intercity0wl

Was there equipment on the turf with fans aswell? What time did gates open?I honestly dont think a bouncy castle for 1 hour after the game would hurt the turf at all

Am knocking your suggestion as the merits of every idea need looking at. Just in my opinion the groundsman would not be too happy especially considering how much worse the weather will be getting soon.

Brilliant idea, But have to agree, with all the work and money that has been put into the pitch,We don't want kids running all over it.However as a compromise,Keep the bars open and fire the bouncy castles up on the north stand car park,Have the promise of 3 or 4 different players knocking about after the match, with photo opportunities for the kids? And as the club shop is there also, it could generate extra income.

Edited by andrewowl