Middlesbrough

I'm a Cornish owl and I've finally got the green light from the other half now that our son is well to start making trips to sheffield again. So a group of us have tickets for this weekend, hotel booked and looking forwards to the 6 hour drive up. We go every season whenever we can, if we are not tied up with family and work.

Problem is we are four Cornishman and as much as we love sheffield city, we don't know it well so end up drinking at the same pubs, always end up before the game at the old crown. Any where we should go?

We woulda travelled up sooner but my son was born 3 months early and wasn't well. 2 and half months in hospital but he's fine now so it's time to show our support to our club and make the drive.

Up the owls.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Division Street is ok for a few pints as is Kelham Island.

As for boozing near the ground avoid Legends but the rest are pretty standard pubs.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

What's wrong with Legends you snob? Why not try the Harley at the top of West St. Nice breakfast and its on the tram route. New Barrack tavern on Penistone road sell some nice ales.The riverside which overlooks the south stand is also a top boozer, it does tend to get busy though.

The ale mainly, it's rank.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I don't rate the Rawson too much either, doesn't help I don't see eye to eye with the bouncers but again I dislike their lager, it tastes rank unless it is out of the bottle.

I don't rate the Rawson too much either, doesn't help I don't see eye to eye with the bouncers but again I dislike their lager, it tastes rank unless it is out of the bottle.

I've never tried the lager, stick to my ales when in there.

Its just a generic Spoons but does the job, each to their own though.