Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich prepare move for Tottenham defender

Guest justcraig

Not fishing.

Palmer is hands down our best right back, don't dislike Buxton but he will struggle to get a game this season.

If we do run short of cover in CM then moving Palmer there and playing Buxton is the way to go but Palmer is made to play at right back and should'nt be played as a regular midfielder.

Lewis Buxton if fit, will start at Brighton at RB.... Guaranteed

considering we seem to be playing mattock as a centre back and buxton isn't exactly 100% any of the time these days I find it strange when people say full back is our strongest position.

I'd imagine if we were to sing someone like this it would just be a temporary deal to help cover

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Full back is absolutely fine.

RB:  Buxton is an excellent championship player.  A bit injury prone but when fit, must start.

Palmer has come on leaps and bounds.  There is no doubt in my mind that Buxton starts if fit, but no worries about Palmer playing there.

Hutch and Lee can both comfortably play there too.

LB:  Helan is first choice for me.  Pace to burn and will improve under Gray.

Mattock is prone to silly mistakes and is too slow for the Championship.  However, if he is playing as cover for Helan(injuries/suspensions) then he is good enough for that.

Floro by all accounts has improved a lot.  Nice to have a young player coming through.

Buxton can comfortably play at left back.

Hope this is clear as to why we DON'T need a full back.  There are much more pressing concerns like CB, ACM and a striker.  FFS!