My view

Guest chris_owl

Guest scott the owl

i hope rather than think laws will get a chance with some cash, and if it is no going right bring in a new man, he has roved he can bring good players in ie, turner,songo'o, sahar, sodje. I will just throw this at you, laws has had hardly any real money to spend but with this team where do think we would be?

grant

simek

beevers

wood

spurr

johnson

macca

kav (the midfield needs some more quality adding to it, this is where laws went wrong in the summer)

songo'o

sodje

jeffers

bench

small

esajas

hinds

tudgay

burton

Edited by scott the owl

I think there have been many managers with no experiance getting out of this league.

But lets look at Jewell or Coppell of Reading.

They both got out of this division with money. They would have taken a lot longer otherwise.

Then the stoke manager has slowly built a team.

Its a big debate.......but i have no doubt if Laws was given money and got the right kind of player then we would be in the play offs.

You only have to look at the play offs points range this season to see its not as difficult as it may seem.

If we had won our last 6 games instead of draw them. We would be a win off the play offs.

Strange when you think of that right?

IF IF IF

Guest chris_owl

I'm not a fan of big sam as a manager. the football will be worse than it is now. I agree we need a big name, but we won't get a massive name.

Who is avaiable who realistically would manage us?

I still say Steve Clarke all the way. Good contacts from chelsea. We might get Saha for the season. And he might get us playing better football.

Guest Owl82

IF IF IF

Understood.....but if he had money and the right type of player.....and played those 6 games with players he wanted. It would have been a differant story. Loan players are never consistant.

I think last season showed what laws is capable of. (when the board dont stick their noses in)

Guest Craig Brown

shoestring budget and an injury list as long as your arm

the man has worked wonders

no more revolving door at S6

when will you people EVER learn

Agreed and have been saying this all along. Stick with Brian, there is no1 better

Agreed and have been saying this all along. Stick with Brian, there is no1 better

Of course there are better managers than Laws otherwise he would not have been stuck at Sflaphorpe and Grimsby for God knows how long. It depends on the situation - what league we are in, who the owners are and what the finances are like. I'm all for getting off Laws' back now but the situation needs review at the end of the season.

shoestring budget and an injury list as long as your arm

the man has worked wonders

no more revolving door at S6

when will you people EVER learn

Without investment we might aswell stick with Laws and scratch around at the foot of the table

With investment he needs to go if we are to progress

Nice guy

Useless manager imo

The normal argument not to sack a manager is that a club needs stability and a new manager would take time to build his own squad. But the truth is, Laws is going to need time to build a squad, so we may as well get a good manager to do it.

That doesn't make sense - You want him to build a squad but you want another manager?

then you have the injured players of which its only sodje who would be a first choice and who laws bought.

Laws has not bought or signed any players. The football club signs players. Sometimes a manager might approach the board for funding to get a player and maybe he'll get lucky. Very rarely would it come from the manager's own expense. Other times the manager may be given a player to work with who he has not approached to sign.

Guest Owl82

That doesn't make sense - You want him to build a squad but you want another manager?

Laws has not bought or signed any players. The football club signs players. Sometimes a manager might approach the board for funding to get a player and maybe he'll get lucky. Very rarely would it come from the manager's own expense. Other times the manager may be given a player to work with who he has not approached to sign.

Laws points out what player he wants....then the club do the paper work. I remember Laws off to Holland to look at Esasjas. (spelling?)

Its down to Laws.

Got to say Im completely open minded on Laws but I must admit its nice to have a Manager who on Derby day can put a team out who will fight for everything and give us some pride , I mean how many times have we seen a spineless Wednesday team capitulate to the blunts and go down without so much of a whimper. Like I said at this moment the jurys still out for me

Guest chris_owl

Brain laws had had a year an a half to build a squad and all he has (i.e players who we own and are good) is sodje, Grant and Johnson. The rest were here before he got her.

And as for him not buying players but being told which players the club are going to buy. Thats rubbish. Laws is given an amount of money and goes and finds a player he wants. the only person to blame on the transfer front is laws.

Got to say Im completely open minded on Laws but I must admit its nice to have a Manager who on Derby day can put a team out who will fight for everything and give us some pride , I mean how many times have we seen a spineless Wednesday team capitulate to the blunts and go down without so much of a whimper. Like I said at this moment the jurys still out for me

Two seasons ago when United did the double. "King" Paul had them motivated! :st2:

Guest Owl82

TBH Laws has not had the money.

This is the transfers this season.

Ronnie Wallwork West Bromwich Albion 11/01/08 Free transfer

Akpo Sodje Port Vale 30/08/07 Undisclosed fee

(media reports £300,000)

Etienne Esajas Vitesse Arnhem (HOL) 29/08/07 Undisclosed fee

Francis Jeffers Blackburn Rovers 09/08/07 Undisclosed fee

(media reports £700,000)

Steve Watson West Bromwich Albion 10/07/07 Free transfer

Richard Hinds Sflaphorpe United 02/07/07 Free transfer

Robert Burch Tottenham Hotspur 02/07/07 Free transfer

Lee Grant Derby County 02/07/07 Free transfer

So thats £1.25 paid. I think Esajas was 250,000 k?

Whelan and Brunt sold, so thats £3.5m sold.

We also sold Bougherra for 2.5m.

I think we bought Johnson for 450,000?

We have sold better players than bought. I thnk that has a big part to do with our downfall.

Also if you add the injuries. DA's press meeting, taking the fans to court....it all effects the players.

TBH Laws has not had the money.

This is the transfers this season.

Ronnie Wallwork West Bromwich Albion 11/01/08 Free transfer

Akpo Sodje Port Vale 30/08/07 Undisclosed fee

(media reports £300,000)

Etienne Esajas Vitesse Arnhem (HOL) 29/08/07 Undisclosed fee

Francis Jeffers Blackburn Rovers 09/08/07 Undisclosed fee

(media reports £700,000)

Steve Watson West Bromwich Albion 10/07/07 Free transfer

Richard Hinds Sflaphorpe United 02/07/07 Free transfer

Robert Burch Tottenham Hotspur 02/07/07 Free transfer

Lee Grant Derby County 02/07/07 Free transfer

So thats £1.25 paid. I think Esajas was 250,000 k?

Whelan and Brunt sold, so thats £3.5m sold.

We also sold Bougherra for 2.5m.

I think we bought Johnson for 450,000?

We have sold better players than bought. I thnk that has a big part to do with our downfall.Also if you add the injuries. DA's press meeting, taking the fans to court....it all effects the players.

Of course, but to be fair, Laws knew what the situation was like at Hillsborough before he took the job.

Guest Owl82

Of course, but to be fair, Laws knew what the situation was like at Hillsborough before he took the job.

Exactly...............but we know it more than anyone. So why do the fans still go on saying "sack the manager".

Exactly...............but we know it more than anyone. So why do the fans still go on saying "sack the manager".

Because some people will just not accept that there is life beyond Paul Sturrock. TBH I like Sturrock too but, after getting Wednesday promoted via the playoffs, his record in the CCC was ordinary to say the very least. I believe that Laws took us forward but injuries and having to sell players have added to his downfall. I hope that if this so called "takeover" takes place and the club is financially sound once more, it can do better than either Sturrock or Laws (cue the wrath of the KPS brigade!).

Guest Matt Webb

Personally, I would keep Laws for several reasons:

1. No manager worth his salt would want to come to wednesday right now

2. Laws has had no significant money to spend, and his best players have been sold from under him.

3. An awful injury situation that would have severely affected any club

4. Considering the situation at the club,with no leadership, no support and a great deal of uncertainty, I doubt that any manager could have done much better. The club is a complete mess.

If we are taken over, I believe that Laws deserves the chance to take the club up with a proper budget and with support from the board and with a team that is capable of winning games.

Because some people will just not accept that there is life beyond Paul Sturrock. TBH I like Sturrock too but, after getting Wednesday promoted via the playoffs, his record in the CCC was ordinary to say the very least. I believe that Laws took us forward but injuries and having to sell players have added to his downfall. I hope that if this so called "takeover" takes place and the club is financially sound once more, it can do better than either Sturrock or Laws (cue the wrath of the KPS brigade!).

Its got f00k all to do with Sturrock!

Its down to the fact Laws is not good enough (IMO).

Jesus

Its got f00k all to do with Sturrock!

Its down to the fact Laws is not good enough (IMO).

Jesus

But what I still hear and see is KPS would do this, KPS would do that, bring back KPS! I think that neither Sturrock nor Laws should be manager of a club the size of Wednesday if the financial restrictions did not exist!