My view

Guest chris_owl

BBC Radio Sheffield over the last few months have had a number of local manager in the studio. Kevin Blackwell and Lee Richardson the Chesterfield manager, to name two. I think Brian Laws has only done one Q&A session on Football Heaven since he's been at the club? It would seem to me that he would be one of the first managers they'd approach.

There have been two AGM since his appointment and he hasn't been at either. The first one he'd only been at the club about a week and some shareholders were angry about the sacking of Paul Sturrock, and the last one we'd lost the chairman and had to have the legal action debate.

Kevin Blackwell is the fans puppet, he says what they want to hear.

Regardless of that I don't think he's avoiding anything, I think we have enough negative Brian Laws threads we don't need another.

Guest Sheff Owl

My honest opinion of Brian Laws is that he might be a nice guy and be funny in Radio interviews but when it comes to tactics, Motivation he is awful.

Granted we have had no money for him to spend but with the little bit he has had ie on fees or wages do you not think he maybe could have spent it more wisely?

Guest jon beswetherick is a legend

I`m not laws biggest fan, but surely if this takeover goes through we can judge him when hes got money to spend, if were in the same mess next season fair enough sack him!

Guest Captain Charisma

That doesn't make sense - You want him to build a squad but you want another manager?

Laws has not bought or signed any players. The football club signs players. Sometimes a manager might approach the board for funding to get a player and maybe he'll get lucky. Very rarely would it come from the manager's own expense. Other times the manager may be given a player to work with who he has not approached to sign.

JEFFERS ! (arggggh...)

Guest hirsty9

BRIAN LAWS = Nice bloke......Crap manager, He brought in a coach who has no footballing ideas what so ever. Ive played at pub team level with better tactics and set pieces.This coaching partnership has been a joke.

Guest Captain Charisma

TBH Laws has not had the money.

This is the transfers this season.

Ronnie Wallwork West Bromwich Albion 11/01/08 Free transfer

Akpo Sodje Port Vale 30/08/07 Undisclosed fee

(media reports £300,000)

Etienne Esajas Vitesse Arnhem (HOL) 29/08/07 Undisclosed fee

Francis Jeffers Blackburn Rovers 09/08/07 Undisclosed fee

(media reports £700,000)

Steve Watson West Bromwich Albion 10/07/07 Free transfer

Richard Hinds Sflaphorpe United 02/07/07 Free transfer

Robert Burch Tottenham Hotspur 02/07/07 Free transfer

Lee Grant Derby County 02/07/07 Free transfer

So thats £1.25 paid. I think Esajas was 250,000 k?

Whelan and Brunt sold, so thats £3.5m sold.

We also sold Bougherra for 2.5m.

I think we bought Johnson for 450,000?

We have sold better players than bought. I thnk that has a big part to do with our downfall.

Also if you add the injuries. DA's press meeting, taking the fans to court....it all effects the players.

Paul Sturrock had his fair share of that - look what happened to him.