La Liga Sellout

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's sh*t, but it's inevitable. 

Just turn top flight football into an NFL style competition where the European elite play each other in a round robin  and there is little to no consequence for being crap outside of finishing bottom. 

No relegation, no promotion. 

Have a play off at the end to determine the champion of Europe. 

It's all about generating huge amounts of money. The competition element is almost a façade. 

This is basically why I supported the Super League, I hoped one day it would mean all the top teams did bugger off to their own league. As much as we might pretend otherwise, it is a closed shop already is the top 6 or so in the Prem, you might point to Brighton doing well, but I’m not satisfied that the peak for Wednesday is sneaking into the Europa League one year and getting battered by Roma 

Let the elite bugger off, and then there might be a league at the top in this country we can dream about winning 

Don't get this closed shops stuff, Brighton in Europe this season, villa about to make champs league, Leicester won it a few years back, west ham made Europa league semis after almost making champs league. It's more open now than it was in the 00s when it was united chleade Liverpool and arsenal top 4 every year for 7-8 seasons

Edited by Fairy Tail Owl
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Don't get this closed shops stuff, Brighton in Europe this season, villa about to make champs league, Leicester won it a few years back, west ham made Europa league semis after almost making champs league. It's more open now than it was in the 00s when it was united chleade Liverpool and arsenal top 4 every year for 7-8 seasons

Definitely opportunities there for unfancied clubs to get into Europe and even get to the latter stages. West Ham won last year and Villa likely to win this season. Neither if them are the big 6 either.