Another of Röhl's huge strengths right now

One things that's shining through right now, and another of Röhl's biggest strengths is his ability to not look down, defeated or dejected

It's crucial for me in a relegation scrap like we are in, for our manager to create a happy, upbeat, positive environment and that means not looking or coming across as down (even after a defeat)

The shout from some fans for our players and manager to have to look like they're about to cry after a defeat otherwise they're not committed etc is ridiculous - we've seen year after year how that kind of serious negative stance has been counter productive

We need an upbeat Danny Röhl and that's what he is giving us

Long may it continue because it's a sign of strength, of confidence and that's what we need right now at SWFC

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

I think we all just overthink things. When your teams been pumped 6-0 it's understandable.

I think it was arsene Wenger who said the biggest strength of a footballer/manager is to move on from disappointment.

When a player makes a big mistake, the last thing you want is them dwelling on it for the rest of the match.

The moment the full time whistle goes, the manager thinks Swansea, Swansea, Swansea.

It's a good trait to have.

• Like 2

Yep. It's something we saw under Moore, too.

How he stayed as calm, positive and professional as he did after the playoff semi first leg, I'll never know.

I was furious, then got even more furious when I saw how calm he was!

That's probably one of the reasons he's a football manager and I'm not. There may be others. Ahem.

Röhl has a similar approach, remaining calm and looking forward rather than backwards, and it's served us well so far.

Hopefully the players continue to respond to it for the next month and a half and we'll see where it takes us...

• Love 1

I agree. We're a confidence team, we've seen that from this bunch down the years. Being negative won't help, like @areNOTwhatTHEYseem said Moore did it really well and Röhl is doing the same now. 

Xisco, Pulis, Monk towards the end, their attitudes definitely played a part in the issues on the pitch.

• Like 1