Happy Thanksgiving

To all you Canadians. Hope you are enjoying your day off work - I know I am.Our Thanksgiving is a month before the American's but why do we have one anyway? I'm told that the Yanks celebrate the feeding of the starving pilgrims by the Native Americans i.e. they give thanks. But why do we do it? I asked around at work and nobody seemed to know.Any ideas?

Well glad to here your all enjoying it,I've spent the whole day doing uni work, but glad of the day off to catch up

Where are you studying Nutters? My wife is in her final year at Dalhousie and my eldest daughter is in her 3rd year at St Mary's (both in Halifax, NS).

Who cares as long as we get the day off work. Must admit I spening mine from a little too much single malt after the big dinner yesterday.

I hear you. We had the big dinner and booze yesterday also. So today is a good day to not be at work.

Guest Nutters

I hear you. We had the big dinner and booze yesterday also. So today is a good day to not be at work.

I hear that, the whole house (uni terms so around 40 of us) went for a fancy meal for thanksgiving (dont know why, dont fully understand the holiday and no one would explain) then went to the irish pub next door then back to residents and drank the floor dry. By sunday morning the were no spirits in anyones rooms (52 rooms all thogether) and it felt like it was all inside me!roaminowl - Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, and before you start, I know, WHAT was I thinking! its only till dec 18th though, part of an exchange.

roaminowl - Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, and before you start, I know, WHAT was I thinking! its only till dec 18th though, part of an exchange.

Never been to Thunder Bay so can't comment. We recruit a lot of people from a Uni in Thunder Bay (not sure which one or how many they have). Mostly Engineering Planners/Schedulers. Seems to have a good reputation. I guess you won't be graduating from there if it's only an exchange. I hope you're ready for the snow and bitterly cold weather.

u all sound american anyway lol *hides*

When I say things like that the Canadians call me an Aussie. :bigemo_harabe_net-89: Do I look like a bleedin' convict?

Guest Nutters

Yeah there is only one uni in thunderbay, loads of engineering and teching students!!I reckon i am ready for the snow, luckily get out of here before the -50's start in jan/feb though they say that it get to -20 late nov/early dec. Not sure how much to believe as it got to about 13/14 today

Yeah there is only one uni in thunderbay, loads of engineering and teching students!!I reckon i am ready for the snow, luckily get out of here before the -50's start in jan/feb though they say that it get to -20 late nov/early dec. Not sure how much to believe as it got to about 13/14 today

Don't worry - the -50's don't happen. You'll get to experience the -20s for sure and if you're lucky the -30s as well.

When I say things like that the Canadians call me an Aussie. :bigemo_harabe_net-89: Do I look like a bleedin' convict?

I get asked that a lot and I've been here 25 years. Someone thought I was Scottish once so spat in their face. Peasants! :bigemo_harabe_net-89:

Guest Nutters

this leafs sens game aint that bad!!I got called dutch the other day, i mean since when did the english sound like the pansi dutch