West Yorkshire Owls ??

A good few years ago, looking at the fixtures I reckon it must have been 2006, a Wednesday fan from Burley, about 3 miles from Otley, got in touch when we used to post on another site, to sponge a lift up to Sunderland away with me. Claimed his other half was running in the Great North Run on the Sunday, so she was driving up then. I know he was just cadging a free lift. The internet was still in fairly early days. 

Anyway, we met up, drove to Sunderland, parked up - I lived there a couple of years previously, so was full of expertise. Went for a few pints, got on famously, risked a last pint in a bar across the road, which to be honest we were lucky to survive, said our farewells outside the ground. At least 5,500 Wednesday fans there that day. Got to my seat, looked at the bloke next to me, there he was. 

Still very good mates to this day, and members of a 'Wharfedale Wednesday' WhatsApp group 😂

(We try to avoid the conversation that we met over the internet) garymegson

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Otley Owl said:

Several of us in Otley, a few knocking around in Menston, Burley, Ilkley etc. Toadie makes the 3rd I know of from Guiseley, which is alright but not as posh as Otley. 

Nice!

We’re just over the hill in Bingley/Keighley. Quite a few of us here and we often go to games together.

• Like 1