Interesting test for the EFL

41 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Did you see this? I'm a short bloke and yes it can be frustrating but they are sucking the life from the game. Burnley banned a couple of fans for "persistent standing" seems a bit OTT. 

Burnley-Introduce-Anti-Standing-Law-at-Turf-Moor-And-Fans-Arent-Happy.jpg

Safe standing section for those that want it. The whole Bundesliga stadia pretty much have full safe standing. Plenty of grounds and teams in Europe do. The crowd barrier seating is safe and increases atmsophere. Over here by some it's considered dirty and unwanted. Shame about the cultural differences that hold it back. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'm completely comfortable with being shown up a bit. You're taking me completely literally. It's a throwaway remark at the fact that football is becoming increasingly sanitised in the stands for better or for worse. It's worth a debate, there are still plenty of people around that want to improve the atmosphere. Safe standing, standing sections but the continual response is 'grow up'. 

Ok, the pitch invasions are a seperate matter but for me it's something iconic and synonymous with partizan football atmospheres at the end of the season or for a big cup win. 

Nope I want safe standing as well. Helps the traditional atmosphere without any co ordinated nonsense.

But smokebombs and flares being chucked by some spotty teenager in a desperate attempt to match the fireworks at some European game they saw  on You Tube is sad. They are dangerous and really add bugger all.

But growing up includes you thinking objects being thrown at a lineswomen is reyt funny.

And idiots have ruined pitch invasions

21 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Safe standing section for those that want it. The whole Bundesliga stadia pretty much have full safe standing. Plenty of grounds and teams in Europe do. The crowd barrier seating is safe and increases atmsophere. Over here by some it's considered dirty and unwanted. Shame about the cultural differences that hold it back. 

Who has said its dirty and unwanted?

9 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Nope I want safe standing as well. Helps the traditional atmosphere without any co ordinated nonsense.

But smokebombs and flares being chucked by some spotty teenager in a desperate attempt to match the fireworks at some European game they saw  on You Tube is sad. They are dangerous and really add bugger all.

But growing up includes you thinking objects being thrown at a lineswomen is reyt funny.

And idiots have ruined pitch invasions

Seems we are on the same page to some extent then. 

10 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Who has said its dirty and unwanted?

Those are my own words. Mainly just to highlight the frustration that it hasn't been implemented into UK stadia as widespread as it has abroad. But small steps of positivity might help, I feel Hillsborough is miles away for the obvious reasons. It is sad really  

• Like 1