Moore and chansiri to get their heads together

10 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Why is it going to be stronger.  I remember people saying the same about the Championship after the Hull game.  It turned out to be the weakest for years.

Newcastle, Brighton, Wednesday, Fulham, Leeds, Norwich, Derby, Brentford, Villa, Wolves were all in that season after the Hull game so I'd say that was pretty strong competition given that 5 years later 4 of them are established mid table premier league sides, another couple are competitive at that level and another couple win promotion (and get relegated) on a biannual basis. Certainly a stronger division than the current championship.

The play offs we had a path against weak teams which we blew but thats because most of those big sides didn't qualify for them or in Fulham's case they got knocked out by Reading. Fulham were favourites and us 2nd favourites with the bookies at the time but neither of us made the final.

I think some are just getting their knickers in a twist as usual. The biggest plus for me is that there seems to be a genuine relationship/connection between the manager/chairman.

I think Moore genuinely has Chansiri’s ear and as a result I believe the chairman will listen to what Moore has to say and propose as a result. I think this is encouraging going forward as we might see investment in the general infrastructure of the club including the Academy, Scouting, etc.

The crux of it all for me is just trust Moore. He will build and make this club stronger given time. I’m sure Doncaster wouldn’t be where they now are had he stayed. We could easily be a lot worse off if some on here get their wish and he’s sacked?

Personally I’ve never had as much confidence and faith in a Wednesday manager since the days of Ron Atkinson and I can’t pay him a bigger compliment than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Why is it going to be stronger.  I remember people saying the same about the Championship after the Hull game.  It turned out to be the weakest for years.

Derby are one of our bogey teams, Barnsley know how to get promoted out of this league, Peterborough usually score a lot of goals, Oxford, MK Dons, Portsmouth, Sunderland/Wycombe, Ipswich might be in the mix as well. Plus if we can't keep the core of this seasons team, will be another rebuild and we wont gel until Nov/Dec.