Jump to content

Moore and chansiri to get their heads together


Recommended Posts

Just been reading the article about Moore speaking well of chansiri abs how he’s been a terrific support this year 

 

that all sounds great the bit that gets me though and I have this every year is, Moore mentions that him and chansiri are going to get their heads together about the plans for next year 

 

he speaks about how they speak on a daily/ weekly basis  and their relationship being strong which again is great to hear 

 

It tends to be a thing in football though surely we have had a plan A) and plan B) in place for next season regardless of which division we were playing in 

 

surely we have known for a while which players we want to retain for if we was in the championship and if we were in league one 

 

surely we have discussed what this squad needs to mount a championship campaign or a league title challenge 

 

and surely the recruitment team have been briefed on such to have started the process from Christmas which ever the outcome of promotion or not 

 

it must be a football thing and I know until the season finishes you never know what plan you need but my point being surely both outcomes had been discussed and planned for to get the players in early or are we really just starting this process?

 

it’s been evident for a while our weaknesses we need to improve on and we’ve known for a while which players are out of contract or leaving on loans so surely this has been discussed and address 

 

for me it all comes down to a long term vision and plan and whilst this season may have been a set back we are surely sticking to the plan 

 

what do they actually need to get their heads together about that’s not all ready been discussed? 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I'm sure they have plans in place for promotion and L1. Even so the end of the season is a good time to reassess those plans and look at players who might be available. It's not just about us, the promoted clubs might release players they would have retained if they were still in L1. Every other club will be putting out their list of released players.

 

I'm sure DC and Moore have ongoing contact but a big in depth discussion about this time of year when there is less pressure from playing games can't be a bad thing.

 

 

Exactly this. 

 

Remember the old war adage: "No plan survives first contact with the enemy." Same applies to transfer windows. You can make all the plans you want but then reality throws up all sorts of twists and turns that you have to then adapt to, some of those will be positive and some negative. e.g. Player X may seem keen to join us, but then another club comes along and makes a better offer that we can't compete with or his club demand a higher fee; so we then have to consider alternatives. Perhaps failing to get that particular player has a knock on effect on whether we pursue others that we had hoped would complement each other and form a good partnership, etc.. Perhaps you intended to build your first team squad around certain key players only for them to get poached by another club, or they suffer a long term injury and never return to their previous ability (I know, as if that would ever happen at Wednesday!).

 

In other words: This is real life not some computer game where you can just buy whoever you want, and buying players X, Y and Z guarantees you another 30 goals a season and therefore automatic promotion!

 

So yeah, there's always plenty for the Manager and Chairman at every club to talk about. It's good to talk!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Key said:

 

Exactly this. 

 

Remember the old war adage: "No plan survives first contact with the enemy." Same applies to transfer windows. You can make all the plans you want but then reality throws up all sorts of twists and turns that you have to then adapt to, some of those will be positive and some negative. e.g. Player X may seem keen to join us, but then another club comes along and makes a better offer that we can't compete with or his club demand a higher fee; so we then have to consider alternatives. Perhaps failing to get that particular player has a knock on effect on whether we pursue others that we had hoped would complement each other and form a good partnership, etc.. Perhaps you intended to build your first team squad around certain key players only for them to get poached by another club, or they suffer a long term injury and never return to their previous ability (I know, as if that would ever happen at Wednesday!).

 

In other words: This is real life not some computer game where you can just buy whoever you want, and buying players X, Y and Z guarantees you another 30 goals a season and therefore automatic promotion!

 

So yeah, there's always plenty for the Manager and Chairman at every club to talk about. It's good to talk!

 

 

 

 

I get that but let’s be realistic our targets will be frees and loans 

 

we have a recruitment team employed all year around 

 

and we’ve seen it so many times that players can dig early 

 

if we have 5/6 top targets then 5/6 second targets and 5/6 third targets 

 

What have we done to secure them, agents will try and get the best for them and play offers of on each other 

 

but surely we have had or can those conversations and get provisional deals all signed off before the last daybed the transfer windows  I understand loans can take longer when premier league squads are announced and I understand that some players will hang on or their circumstances might change 

 

so stacking everything up is like jenga 

but my point is we have recruitment teams and their job is to secure our top targets or know how realistic they are at coming off 

 

maybe we have a target that’s 10% likely to go through but might be a real coup that’s a risk strategy to base our waiting game on 10% when maybe we can get player C in and that’s likely to be 100% or player B is 50-50

 

my point being should giving ourselves realistic targets to improve our squad that we know we can assemble nice and early there’s enough players to do that 

 

how many times do we hear late on in a transfer window I heard about the interest last week or a couple of days ago and I had to sign 

 

I hear stuff like this and see all the transfer activity done in a hurry to key positions in the last hour of the window 

 

often leaving teams short and I can’t help but thinking well what’s was the plan what was we waiting gif abs why the hell do we pay scouts and recruitment teams 52 weeks a year to do business like that 

 

were a big player in league 1 with a big budget 

if we’ve got to secure 10 plus signatures this summer I’d expect at least 6 of them done already ready for announcing in a month or two when contracts end 

 

and having the gaps identified in what we can do later on in the window to give us the depth we need to sustain a full seasons campaign 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Just been reading the article about Moore speaking well of chansiri abs how he’s been a terrific support this year 

 

that all sounds great the bit that gets me though and I have this every year is, Moore mentions that him and chansiri are going to get their heads together about the plans for next year 

 

he speaks about how they speak on a daily/ weekly basis  and their relationship being strong which again is great to hear 

 

It tends to be a thing in football though surely we have had a plan A) and plan B) in place for next season regardless of which division we were playing in 

 

surely we have known for a while which players we want to retain for if we was in the championship and if we were in league one 

 

surely we have discussed what this squad needs to mount a championship campaign or a league title challenge 

 

and surely the recruitment team have been briefed on such to have started the process from Christmas which ever the outcome of promotion or not 

 

it must be a football thing and I know until the season finishes you never know what plan you need but my point being surely both outcomes had been discussed and planned for to get the players in early or are we really just starting this process?

 

it’s been evident for a while our weaknesses we need to improve on and we’ve known for a while which players are out of contract or leaving on loans so surely this has been discussed and address 

 

for me it all comes down to a long term vision and plan and whilst this season may have been a set back we are surely sticking to the plan 

 

what do they actually need to get their heads together about that’s not all ready been discussed? 

They probably have discussed it but they might need to have some serious conversations now about the best ways to implement the plans they have. We probably won’t be the only teams after some of the players we have ear marked and their stock could have risen etc. 
It’s one thing having a plan and another thing executing that plan.

Its good that they are talking in my opinion. Hopefully it bodes well for a summer of strong recruitment. 
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im sure plans are in place and have been discussed same  as we all do with our other halfs, but in football as in life things change, your other half rescues 5 dogs in a year and the Porsche you were planning to get for your 50th is now a VW transporter with fitted dog cages for days out. 

Venting over can't say anything to the other half not worth the argument. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Im sure plans are in place and have been discussed same  as we all do with our other halfs, but in football as in life things change, your other half rescues 5 dogs in a year and the Porsche you were planning to get for your 50th is now a VW transporter with fitted dog cages for days out. 

Venting over can't say anything to the other half not worth the argument. 

 

That's what I thought. 

 

I'm sure I heard DM confirm that in an interview that he did recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure we had contingencies for both scenarios (promotion or not). Be a case of ratifying a budget and hopefully giving Moore the go ahead to run recruitment. 

 

Football is a fast moving business, players becoming available or unavailable at short notice. Not necessarily something that can be planned with any certainty too far in advance, while the season was still ongoing 

 

First step perhaps to meet with Chansiri and see who we can afford to keep, bearing in mind what Moore thinks he needs to spend on recruitment. 

 

All eyes on the retained list for the time being. I'd expect that to be released early next week. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Think you might of missed the gist of the thread 

 

Have I?

 

You said it gets you that they're going to "get their heads together about the plans for next year"

 

Sounds pretty normal to me.

 

I doubt it's the first time they've thought about it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Wall said:

 

Have I?

 

You said it gets you that they're going to "get their heads together about the plans for next year"

 

Sounds pretty normal to me.

 

I doubt it's the first time they've thought about it

Did you read it or just read that line?

 

that’s like saying cleaner found with mop in her hand at work, nothing strange about that. 
 

until you question why she’s got a mop in her hand stood outside a locked up building 15 hours after her shift had finished 

 

it’s not that they are having a meeting and getting their heads together 

 

it’s more about what are they saying that’s not already been said.

 

but let’s not let pretentiousness get in the way of that shall we   

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...