Moore and chansiri to get their heads together

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

Just been reading the article about Moore speaking well of chansiri abs how he’s been a terrific support this year 

that all sounds great the bit that gets me though and I have this every year is, Moore mentions that him and chansiri are going to get their heads together about the plans for next year 

he speaks about how they speak on a daily/ weekly basis  and their relationship being strong which again is great to hear 

It tends to be a thing in football though surely we have had a plan A) and plan B) in place for next season regardless of which division we were playing in 

surely we have known for a while which players we want to retain for if we was in the championship and if we were in league one 

surely we have discussed what this squad needs to mount a championship campaign or a league title challenge 

and surely the recruitment team have been briefed on such to have started the process from Christmas which ever the outcome of promotion or not 

it must be a football thing and I know until the season finishes you never know what plan you need but my point being surely both outcomes had been discussed and planned for to get the players in early or are we really just starting this process?

it’s been evident for a while our weaknesses we need to improve on and we’ve known for a while which players are out of contract or leaving on loans so surely this has been discussed and address 

for me it all comes down to a long term vision and plan and whilst this season may have been a set back we are surely sticking to the plan 

what do they actually need to get their heads together about that’s not all ready been discussed? 

So many players are OOC so there will be discussions re wages and signing-on fees. It's also prudent to see which players become available and which positions we can upgrade on. We ought to know list in next few days or in a week at most, I would think.

My main concern is history repeating itself. When Carlos first arrived, great rapport with chairman. Chairman buys into things, backs him/goes for it, 2 playoff disappointments and we know what happened from there. Could happen again, but this time in league 1. Going to be a lot stronger league next season. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, New Maple Staple said:

My main concern is history repeating itself. When Carlos first arrived, great rapport with chairman. Chairman buys into things, backs him/goes for it, 2 playoff disappointments and we know what happened from there. Could happen again, but this time in league 1. Going to be a lot stronger league next season. 

Why is it going to be stronger.  I remember people saying the same about the Championship after the Hull game.  It turned out to be the weakest for years.

44 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

So many players are OOC so there will be discussions re wages and signing-on fees. It's also prudent to see which players become available and which positions we can upgrade on. We ought to know list in next few days or in a week at most, I would think.

Do you not think the club and recruitment team will know the which players are going to be out of contract for several months now and the the negotiations have all ready started 

I’d say the football community would be aware of this well in advance 

it’s not like it comes to a shock to anyone that somebody has just become a free transfer unless they have had their contract cancelled but again these are usually done in negotiations so I’m sure agents would be letting clubs their player is becoming available 

6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Do you not think the club and recruitment team will know the which players are going to be out of contract for several months now and the the negotiations have all ready started 

I’d say the football community would be aware of this well in advance 

it’s not like it comes to a shock to anyone that somebody has just become a free transfer unless they have had their contract cancelled but again these are usually done in negotiations so I’m sure agents would be letting clubs their player is becoming available 

Players who chose not to extend their contracts will be in this position.  The club has held discussions with several players in this situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prowl said:

I'm sure they have plans in place for promotion and L1. Even so the end of the season is a good time to reassess those plans and look at players who might be available. It's not just about us, the promoted clubs might release players they would have retained if they were still in L1. Every other club will be putting out their list of released players.

I'm sure DC and Moore have ongoing contact but a big in depth discussion about this time of year when there is less pressure from playing games can't be a bad thing.

Agreed. It's daft to think they would roll into player recruitment without re-assessing. 

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

what do they actually need to get their heads together about that’s not all ready been discussed? 

Because they need to set a budget for the players that already been identified as targets...stop trying to find another stick to beat the chairman and manager with it's bollix

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fpowl said:

Just been reading the article about Moore speaking well of chansiri abs how he’s been a terrific support this year 

that all sounds great the bit that gets me though and I have this every year is, Moore mentions that him and chansiri are going to get their heads together about the plans for next year 

he speaks about how they speak on a daily/ weekly basis  and their relationship being strong which again is great to hear 

It tends to be a thing in football though surely we have had a plan A) and plan B) in place for next season regardless of which division we were playing in 

surely we have known for a while which players we want to retain for if we was in the championship and if we were in league one 

surely we have discussed what this squad needs to mount a championship campaign or a league title challenge 

and surely the recruitment team have been briefed on such to have started the process from Christmas which ever the outcome of promotion or not 

it must be a football thing and I know until the season finishes you never know what plan you need but my point being surely both outcomes had been discussed and planned for to get the players in early or are we really just starting this process?

it’s been evident for a while our weaknesses we need to improve on and we’ve known for a while which players are out of contract or leaving on loans so surely this has been discussed and address 

for me it all comes down to a long term vision and plan and whilst this season may have been a set back we are surely sticking to the plan 

Always knew chansiri had a cracking set of abs on him! 💪

visible-abs.jpg

19 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Because they need to set a budget for the players that already been identified as targets...stop trying to find another stick to beat the chairman and manager with it's bollix

Wow Daveyboy that anger management class working I see

you need to calm down sugar t1tts nobody is looking around for sticks and nobody is starting an assault on the chairman or manager. 

Do you not think a budget as already been set and discussed or as that recruitment team we employ just been sitting around drinking coffee since Christmas, or so you think they have been out identifying targets and setting up deals without knowing what they are working to, seems a little backwards that approach to me 

so I refer  back to my original post which you seem to think sticks are being collect on 

the transfer window shuts in January we have two possible outcomes until the next window 

we’ve been promoted or we haven’t 

Moore will know areas he needs to strengthen placed on each outcome and chansiri will know what budget he will be spending in each outcome 

we know what players we are keeping, releasing, or considering offering a new contract to based on each outcome 

we will also be very aware of what players are becoming available in the summer, who are likely to be interested or who are likely to not be or sign contract extensions 

So my point as a discussion not as a angry stick beating monster ( you might want to look into that there is help available ) is what are they realistically going to be discussing

If you want me to answer my own question I’d have thought they would be having plenty of meetings and discussions as they will have since Christmas as these will become more frequent now and  these will be based on options and progress on targets 

my point like I said is it’s been written as quoted abs this is a football wide thing that they need to sit down and look at next year in a Big Crunch meeting when the reality I assume is this will be a constant ongoing thing hence having a recruitment team working 52 weeks of the year 

so what will they be banging their heads together about?

sticks or discussion flower, you decide 😘

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

stop trying to find another stick to beat the chairman and manager with it's bollix

It's 2022
Times have moved on
Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEAEEEEEAAAASE stop using this tedious tired old phrase?
Find another way of expressing the same sentiment but my god the old 'stick to beat' phrase with something that you don't agree with went out with the Ark ffs

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Paixao is still involved in recruitment. He still has a group that run stats and use opta stats. 

Biggest change is we now have a lot more scouts back watching players. 

And DC has accepted what Steve Bruce moaned about ages ago. That stats don't mean you know a footballer. 

DM will know who he has seen and who he wants. And paixao stats etc will have also shown him options. 

DM can talk to players. He is a big reason players have come here. 

And we have a transfer budget. And we have a wage budget. 

It's a million times better than it was when Carlos was here ( and didn't have much say at all)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would guess that there has never been any plan discussed for us  still being in league 1. 

Failure was not in DM & DC's discussions. 

As finances will be just as difficult next season we will be working on freebies and loans. 

There will be no huge savings on wages as there was last season. 

There is the basis of a decent team to build on but doubt we will be able to afford much better than we have. 

It will be another struggle next season I fear. 

With a lot of luck we may make the top 2. 

9 hours ago, fpowl said:

I think you’re over analysing what he’s said, of course they have previously discussed various permutations of what may happen and what the club will do as a result.

That doesn’t mean they don’t need to carry on the discussion once we know where we actually are as a club and finalise the way forward.

Wow two great towering football minds.....

Why we in league 1 again............ sorry and STILL in League 1. 

The future is safe in their hands. 

Yeah settle in, it might take some time..... 

If its over zoom do they have an advisor handy to take off mute! Of course they do. Hang on the advisors are all clueless... 

We are fooked 

14 hours ago, fpowl said:

They will have created plans to be actioned - one will be for the outcome of promotion this season and the other for the outcome of not getting promoted this season.  There will be contingencies in both plans for players not renewing their contracts.  Moore's comment about them "getting their heads together" will just be a synonym for "the Chairman and I are going to meet to agree to action the plan for the outcome of not being promoted".