Weird soft spots for clubs you have no connection with...

Liverpool and HSV for me.  My father was stationed in Germany '76 -'80 so as a 9-13 year old listening to the radio commentaries on a saturday and the midweek european/fa cup replays/league cup fixtures (under my blanket with headphones so as not to get caught).  The famous Owls/Arsenal FA cup replay saga in '79 was amazing to listen to and was in tears when we eventually lost...

I was born in Sheffield and my dad was an Owl supporter so they became my choice even though they were in the wilderness years.  Liverpool became my second choice because they did so well in europe, they were always on the radio and also on German TV for the finals.  Highlight of the weekend was waiting for Sports report on a saturday with JAG  reading the football results and me amending my Shoot magazine league ladders on a sunday.  When Keegan went to Hamburg in '77 HSV became my other team to follow, with  'Mighty Maus' doing really well there.  

Now I also follow Harrogate as that's where I joined the Army, Forest Green Rovers because they are green and vegan and now Brentford after reading about their 'moneyball' approach to transfers.

It's amazing how as I get older I don't replace the teams I follow, just add to them.

On 05/03/2022 at 12:11, pachyderm said:

This...

I'm blown away by the fact that there are two clubs with decent sized stadiums and are only 0.2 of a mile apart from each other... 

Tannadice Park(Dundee United) - 14,223 capacity

Den's Park(Dundee FC) - 11,775 capacity

image.png.e2c6d74e380f25cb36650bde73b4ffea.png

That weekend tourney there under KPS was fabulous....Wolves took about 200 lol