Absolute Must Listen Podcast.

Morepork

An Interview with MK Dons Sporting Director, Liam Sweeting.

Yes, MK Dons have a Sporting Director......From The Athletic, this is one of the best pods I've listened to recently and I thought this was an outstanding insight into their tactical and recruitment approach. Made me quite enviable about how organised and forward thinking they are. 

Link here - 

https://theathletic.com/podcast/145-football-tactics-podcast/?episode=104

5 minutes ago, markg said:

Thank you. I’m going to listen to it on drive to work on Monday 

I've listened to it twice. Let me know what you think. It also ties into this read as well which is an interview with their Head Coach, Liam Manning. Here - https://theathletic.com/2885625/2021/10/16/you-dont-see-many-teams-as-extreme-as-we-are-mk-dons-boss-liam-manning-on-his-philosophy-and-road-to-league-one/

• Like 1

As some know I and my kids have a season ticket at MK dons . I live down south and my ability to get to swfc is driven by my sons kick off times as he plays youth football on Saturday mornings. Yesterday he had an 1145 kick off which meant the dons instead of Wednesday (hence why everyone missed my posts in the match day thread!).

They absolutely slaughtered Cambridge.  I have said before , they will win the league this season as football wise they are in a different league to the rest of the division.  The defenders are all very comfortable on the ball, the midfield aren’t quick but again very comfortable and great passers, and whichever of the 4 forwards play they are all fast and run all day .  

that has taken 2 or 3 years to build though, and last season the defence made all sorts of howlers playing out. This season they are better at doing it.  It is a lesson to stick at it .  

we play them in 10 days. They are the team Moore wants us to be , but we don’t have the rapid and super fit forward players to do it currently.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

As some know I and my kids have a season ticket at MK dons . I live down south and my ability to get to swfc is driven by my sons kick off times as he plays youth football on Saturday mornings. Yesterday he had an 1145 kick off which meant the dons instead of Wednesday (hence why everyone missed my posts in the match day thread!).

They absolutely slaughtered Cambridge.  I have said before , they will win the league this season as football wise they are in a different league to the rest of the division.  The defenders are all very comfortable on the ball, the midfield aren’t quick but again very comfortable and great passers, and whichever of the 4 forwards play they are all fast and run all day .  

that has taken 2 or 3 years to build though, and last season the defence made all sorts of howlers playing out. This season they are better at doing it.  It is a lesson to stick at it .  

we play them in 10 days. They are the team Moore wants us to be , but we don’t have the rapid and super fit forward players to do it currently.  

Listen to the pod, it reinforces a lot of what you say. I had no idea they lost their manager a couple of days before pre-season after they’d recruited. Hearing how they dealt with that and the process they followed was pretty inspiring.