Charlton match verdict..

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Written by Charlie Charlton,

from ....errr Charlton

A valiant, injury ravaged, poxed and probably plagued, brave, (have I said Valiant yet)...intrepid, never say die ..(although they were very ill) Charlton Athletic side lost narrowly to Sheffield Wednesday yesterday afternoon.

As the teams came out...several Charlton players looked jaundiced, and one actually coughed,another hiccuped and several actually "followed through", in their shorts as they shook hands wiv Steve Fletcher.

As expected Wednesday brought a decent following, despite all the red crosses painted on the doors on Floyd st.

Sheffield Wednesday took control of the game early, due to ricketts and a suspected case of both full backs having Septicaemia....

The first goal was created by all our defence having to keep a certain distance away from each other due to possible "Cross infection"....

Valiantly...heroically, and surprisingly athletically Charlton equalised, against the run of nose...errr play.

In the second half, Sheffield Wednesday ran out followed by the limping , infected, and in some cases "Nigh on terminal" Charlton Athletic .

As it Panned (emically) out...Sheffield Wednesday strolled to a 3-1 win...Lee Bowyer speaking after the game said...

"well (cough) excuse me (fart)..oh dear..."I may have to run".."I thought...."oh jesus I'll have to go"

Thanks for the heads up mate..

Not heard this mentioned anywhere..

lol