On a different note....

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Scored winner at 'ull away and never seen our fans go as crazy over a winner ,other than 91 cup winner

There for a legend lol

James Quinn was actually half decent on the ball, he started to play well towards the end of the season and scored the critical goal away at Ull. 

I was in Grindstone on Crookes when news of that goyal went in, going bonkers. 

As for Cardiff. What a day, sun, booze, blue and white. Went for a slash when Whelan scored and had to shut the old chap off halfway through to go and join in the bedlam! 

Always thought of him as a poor mans Big Jack.... and i dont mean that in a bad way.  He was a good no nonsense lower league manager who gave us a real lift when we needed it most, but it was a pity it turned sour at the end , and it has to be said it was mainly down to his recruitment.

He insisted on bringing as many of his old Plymouth buddies as possible and it didnt help that two of them (Adams and Gilbert) were awful, in fact Steve Adams makes my all time worst XI.

He signed a few decent lads but the sheer weight of poor acquisitions .....Small, Ross, Lunt, Folly, Hills, Graham, O.Brien, Diallo, Corr, Adamson etc eventually did for him, but i still think he will be remembered fondly by the vast majority.