Season preview

11 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But in the last ten games of last season, with some of our better players having returned, Wednesday won 6, drew 2 and lost 2.

The problem is defence, as ever, but I don't see why we can't make a push for the top six.

Last season we were hit with a double whammy, because not only were we hit with one of the worst injury crises the Championship has ever seen, but we were also suffering from a play-off hangover.

It wasn't your typical season.

Tufty - Shades.png

Wildeh.png.c5b75e759cd5f150c65c235567ba67c6.png

• Like 1

Quietly confident, cautiously optimistic is probably the best description as far as I'm concerned. Like many have said, there are a lot of IFs to this current campaign. We could win promotion, I genuinely believe we have players that on their day are a match for anyone. However last season shows just how fragile this squad are. Our hope is in our finale to last season and the renewed focus on fitness, (incredibly neglected this time last season). A fit Sheffield Wednesday squad will be exciting to watch and a force in this league. 15 players in the physio room by Christmas will spell another disaster. I'd be happy with top 10, the optimist in me says we can be pushing top 6!!!!!

Jos seems to have been settling in well especially with our late season form over the last 10 games of last season when we got a few of the injured back to bolster the ranks. I'm still expecting this season to be a bit of a transitional one, yet an obvious improvement from last, taking us up, in and around between 6th and 9th while Jos beds in some of the hungry young guns into the side and they hopefully grow with match experience. We all know about most of the first team as its been pretty unchanged in 3 seasons when everyone's fit,but hopefully the penny's, hunt, Thornley, Kirkby, nielsons etc can step up and cement a place in the side adding that much needed youthful exuberance, energy and fearlessness to what is a bit of an ageing side otherwise.