Venancio

Guest samowl

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

if he was 4th choice then it's understandable why he had to wait to get a game ......you say you'd take him as back up for next season but if 2 of the 3 ahead of him don't get injured at the same time  he'll be in the same position as he is now as spending most of the season on the sideline.

So what that’s called strength in depth someone has to sit on the bench if the first choice is fit. Every team does it they all have a 3rd 4th 5th some have 6th choice CB in case of injuries. That’s football. 

9 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

So what that’s called strength in depth someone has to sit on the bench if the first choice is fit. Every team does it they all have a 3rd 4th 5th some have 6th choice CB in case of injuries. That’s football. 

exactly that's why I don't understand the criticism  that carlos got for not playing him  to have someone with his experience as 4th choice  for not a lot of money seems like a good signing to me . 

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

exactly that's why I don't understand the criticism  that carlos got for not playing him  to have someone with his experience as 4th choice  for not a lot of money seems like a good signing to me . 

Deffo I agree there carlos did do good things in places I’m fed up of the over criticism of him. He did very well made a few mistakes but still 

I thought he looked good on Friday, and as other people on here have mentioned it was how vocal he was that stood out the most. I think this is something we have really been lacking in defence this season, someone to organise at the back.

I imagine playing alongside someone so vocal week in week out, could make someone like vanAken com on leaps and bounds, as he has looked great on the ball but has looked lost and directionless at times. But based on what we saw on Friday, where everyone seemed to very clearly know what there role was and Venacio bossing the back 3 about, I could see a potential back 3 of Lees, vanAken and Venacio becoming an absolutely solid unit if they can all stay fit. 

Also, on the fitness front, I will be very interested to see how we fair with injuries now Carlos has gone, as I have often wondered if particular coaches' methods impact the levels of injuries at a club. (sorry I know there is a separate thread about injuries)

13 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I would. Truly mindboggling how CC signed him and then didn't give him a chance when we were awful defensively. 

I would take him similar to Sasso as 3 / 4 choice. 

might be a bit of the old favouritism and he didn't fit 

4 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Deffo I agree there carlos did do good things in places I’m fed up of the over criticism of him. He did very well made a few mistakes but still 

he committed the cardinal sin of going on a bad run and paid the price .......anyway water under the bridge and back to fred ,he looks a good player and  with a new manager with  you'd hope everyone starting from scratch then it's up to him while he's got the shirt to make himself undroppable ..... 

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he committed the cardinal sin of going on a bad run and paid the price .......anyway water under the bridge and back to fred ,he looks a good player and  with a new manager with  you'd hope everyone starting from scratch then it's up to him while he's got the shirt to make himself undroppable ..... 

Agreed end of day he was captain of previous club he’s got a football brain he’d do a job in any team giving him confidence and a run