Venancio

Guest samowl

He's only on loan to the end of the season so we can't offer him another contract as that is with his parent club. I didn't get the impression that he was out of contract with Setubal at the end of the season when his loan with us was announced.

It is much to early to make a judgement on him either way. As Braddo said Jos knows tha' know.

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

On his performances so far then yes his positioning and communication Friday night was very impressive and he is on loan till the end of the season but we have the option to make it permanent. 

Didn't realise we had the option of permanent. It makes it even more baffling as to why Carlos did not play him as he must have known something about him and regarded him as a realistic signing.

On Friday he seemed vocal in both organisation and giving a few rollickings outwhen needed. Definitely started to show glimpses of his leadership skills coming through and why he was captain at setubal too which I liked especially as I think it's an area we're weak in. 

Let's just see how he performes now till the end of the season and let Jos make the call as he definitely looked a better player on Friday at the lane. 

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I would. Truly mindboggling how CC signed him and then didn't give him a chance when we were awful defensively. 

I would take him similar to Sasso as 3 / 4 choice. 

if he was 4th choice then it's understandable why he had to wait to get a game ......you say you'd take him as back up for next season but if 2 of the 3 ahead of him don't get injured at the same time  he'll be in the same position as he is now as spending most of the season on the sideline.