In response to Owlstalk "Black Friday Amazon Advert"

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Were you fishing the Bewdley Angling Festival? 

I live locally.

No mate, a club jolly boys outing. 13 of us. Fished four matches, over four different lakes, at Solhampton Fishery 2nd week in Sept. 

Won the first one with 137lbs 10 oz, twas black. Other matches 95lbs odd, 85lbs odd, and just 64lbs summat. Fishery is full of fish though, you couldn’t fail.

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No mate, a club jolly boys outing. 13 of us. Fished four matches, over four different lakes, at Solhampton Fishery 2nd week in Sept. 

Won the first one with 137lbs 10 oz, twas black. Other matches 95lbs odd, 85lbs odd, and just 64lbs summat. Fishery is full of fish though, you couldn’t fail.

Those weights aren't too shabby. :biggrin:

I've spent the season on the Severn, mainly Arley to Bewdley, after the barbel. 

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Ground halibut pellet in an open ended feeder and halibut pellets on the hook? That’s what I use on the Trent.

Similar on the slower sections but on the faster ones it's 3mm pellets in a black cap and 8mm on a hair, 4' tail, light line and small hooks. 

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Similar on the slower sections but on the faster ones it's 3mm pellets in a black cap and 8mm on a hair, 4' tail, light line and small hooks. 

Educated barbel then? Easier to catch, and up to double figures on the Trent “Just downstream from Fiskerton”.

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Educated barbel then? Easier to catch, and up to double figures on the Trent “Just downstream from Fiskerton”.

Yes they won't look at heavier gear in summer/autumn.

I used to fish the Trent around Cromwell  many years ago. Long before barbel appeared, maybe later 70's.

Just now, prowl said:

Yes they won't look at heavier gear in summer/autumn.

I used to fish the Trent around Cromwell  many years ago. Long before barbel appeared, maybe later 70's.

Do you fish any matches on the commercials around there mate? If so, next time I’m down that way, I might message you for the latest form etc

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Do you fish any matches on the commercials around there mate? If so, next time I’m down that way, I might message you for the latest form etc

Not really a match angler and I prefer rivers these days. I lived down south for 30 years and it's all still waters down there. I moved back up here for the Severn and the Teme.

I might do some of the commercials in the 'close season'. The one thing I'm going to miss is good tench fishing.