In response to Owlstalk "Black Friday Amazon Advert"

If you are after a big screen TV to watch the mighty Wednesday, could I suggest that rather than supporting the multi national tax dodging website that is Amazon, you actually keep the money in the local economy and support a local firm owned by a couple of lifelong Owls!! You won't be disappointed!!

https://www.williams-electrical.co.uk/black-friday

10 minutes ago, puttyman said:

If you are after a big screen TV to watch the mighty Wednesday, could I suggest that rather than supporting the multi national tax dodging website that is Amazon, you actually keep the money in the local economy and support a local firm owned by a couple of lifelong Owls!! You won't be disappointed!!

Sort out an affiliate link, like 1% to Owlstalk server costs if they buy through a link on here, and you'll probably get your own OwlsTV messageboard

lol

Generally, I’d say boycott any British company that has bought into “Black Friday”. It’s horrendous here, but at least it makes sense and has a long history.

But in Britain???!!! 

But as you are owls, I’ll make an exception. Good luck.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

3 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Generally, I’d say boycott any British company that has bought into “Black Friday”. It’s horrendous here, but at least it makes sense and has a long history.

But in Britain???!!! 

I’m so over it already. ‘Black 2 weeks’ as it should be called. Email inbox full of ‘deals’.

Sales are not like the old days anyway. It’s very rare that genuine bargains come up, usually just a load of price manuipulation to give the appearance of savings. Marketplace is so competitive that there are always companies out there who will work on the tiniest margins all year round.

10 minutes ago, Neal M said:

But in Britain???!!! 

Couldn't agree more mate to be honest, but it's part of the furniture now in the UK and if we don't get involved we may as well close the doors for two weeks.

5 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I’m so over it already. ‘Black 2 weeks’ as it should be called. Email inbox full of ‘deals’.

Sales are not like the old days anyway. It’s very rare that genuine bargains come up, usually just a load of price manipulation to give the appearance of savings. Marketplace is so competitive that there are always companies out there who will work on the tiniest margins all year round.

What you actually find is that manufacturers hold back a huge amount of promotional support until the end of November, and then it's a free for all as everybody tries to empty the warehouses. The two big Korean manufacturers love it though as they shift huge numbers of TV's.

2 minutes ago, puttyman said:

What you actually find is that manufacturers hold back a huge amount of promotional support until the end of November, and then it's a free for all as everybody tries to empty the warehouses. The two big Korean manufacturers love it though as they shift huge numbers of TV's.

Sorry, I wasn’t saying your sale wasn’t any good! It was a generalisation about sales, The whole thing is ridiculous anyway with electricals. All the different product numbers for essentially the same product just so they can’t be price compared or price matched and so particular model numbers can be advertised as on sale when other virtually identical models have been available at the lower price all along.

Its all very clever but is purely consumer manipulation. 

24 minutes ago, Neal M said:

But in Britain???!!! 

My Mrs is going to the States for the week just for Black Friday. I’ve pointed out that any savings she makes on Christmas presents will be negated by flight and hotel costs etc but she has her fingers in her ears going “la la la”.

Apparently she deserves a week away in the States because I had a week away fishing with the boys.

I was away just 4 nights, sharing a Travel Lodge room in Kidderminster. We ate in a pub, two meals for a tenner. How does this equate?

So, in addition to working full time while she’s away, I also have two kids to sort out  for school, feed, etc and her Dad to take to hospital every day with the kids in tow.

I’d better not get bloody socks for Christmas.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

My Mrs is going to the States for the week just for Black Friday. I’ve pointed out that any savings she makes on Christmas presents will be negated by flight and hotel costs etc but she has her fingers in her ears going “la la la”.

Apparently she deserves a week away in the States because I had a week away fishing with the boys.

I was away just 4 nights, sharing a Travel Lodge room in Kidderminster. We ate in a pub, two meals for a tenner. How does this equate?

So, in addition to working full time while she’s away, I also have two kids to sort out  for school, feed, etc and her Dad to take to hospital every day with the kids in tow.

Is this just a boast post?

OK, we get it. You were living it up in a fancy hotel in Kidderminster.

1 hour ago, puttyman said:

Good on you. Although I wish Amazon did. Football forums...

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Were you fishing the Bewdley Angling Festival? 

I live locally.