Injuries!

7 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Definitely. 

Agreed, I think we miss Lopez this year.

I think Adbi was seen as a replacement, but again has been unfit or injured. 

I am not sure Reach was seen as cover for FF, more as a way of moving FF up top. Who's Urby? :biggrin:

garymegsonwouldn't even know him if he walk by in the street so his name will never resinate.

The problem with the thinking on FF as front two striker, is that we brought in two strikers in January, which meant unless we have some horrendous injuries up front he ain't going be playing in that position. More like wide left in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 but it then means we are weak in midfield particularly if Wallace is on the other side.

5 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I think from the horses mouth Abdi embarked on a 'mini pre-season' a third of the way into the season and since then, has struggled with injuries. Too many suspicions and conspiracies amongst our fan base- i.e. Forestieri not wanting to be here! I'd prefer to stick with the reality or the facts. 

Inclined to agree but we really don't know the facts. Summat doesn't seem right though. We're ponderous and there is an indecisiveness about much of what we do which perhaps hints at a lack of confidence as individuals and perhaps in what the coaching staff require of them.

Edited by Dagmeister

Just now, Dagmeister said:

Inclined to agree but we really don't know the facts. Summat doesn't seem right though. We're ponderous and there is an indecisiveness about much of what we do which perhaps hints at a lack of confidence as individuals and perhaps in what they should be doing.

Well I would say when CC said he was having a 'mini pre-season'and he is 'injured' then those are facts. He's never hid behind any issues with out of favour players and has always been clear and up-front about those (i.e. McGugan and Co) that are not in his plans. 

1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

Well I would say when CC said he was having a 'mini pre-season'and he is 'injured' then those are facts. He's never hid behind any issues with out of favour players and has always been clear and up-front about those (i.e. McGugan and Co) that are not in his plans. 

Agreed. I was speaking more in general.

2 hours ago, akbuk said:

We where the best team last night but got out muddled in centre midfield,Hannah can't handle the physical game

But got out passed, out muscled, out played (in a footballing sense), and out manoeuvred tactically. Added to that not winning any headers or fight ball's and Reading's players knowing how to play the ref then yes we were the better side...Give over we were second best, our long ball stuff did result in at least three great chances I will give you that.