Tell it straight

1 hour ago, Crofty_11 said:

We were never going to go up automatically, but we will 100% make the playoffs, absolutely sure. We have a better squad than Udders, L**ds & Reading, so we will either go up or Mr Chansiri will get shut of CC & bring Mr Eddie Howe to Hillsborough & we'll go up next year instead. Nothing to worry about.

We may have a better squad but that counts for nothing. At the moment Udders are playing well and get everything out if their squad. We arent and play at about 70% all the time. I would back them over us at present.

18 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He had to start Abdi today, so Bannan was moved to the left.

In my opinion with a 2 man CM we have to play one or the other.

Wallace and Bannan do all their work in front of the defence, this limits our creativity.

So if he had to play Abdi in the miiddle he could have left Bannan on the bench and played someone else on the left instead????

18 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He had to start Abdi today, so Bannan was moved to the left.

In my opinion with a 2 man CM we have to play one or the other.

Wallace and Bannan do all their work in front of the defence, this limits our creativity.

So if he had to play Abdi in the miiddle he could have left Bannan on the bench and played someone else on the left instead????

6 hours ago, billyblack said:

Maybe Bannon does need a place on the bench. However, although quiet he has made goals for his team mates. 

I haven't the comments on this thread but my thoughts are

Ref - had a shocker. Stonewall penalty on FF (i was in the South directly in line with the edge of the penalty area and FF was always ahead of his man from the quick throw in. If it wasn't a pen then the ref must have thought he dived so it should have been a yellow card). FF gets deliberately blocked off the ball but no card. FF got booked for appearing to take the ball. Free kick for their first goal was innocuous......far less contact than the FF pen. Goal kick should have been given rather than the corner for the second goal. It looked as though there was a foul on Winnall in the second half which should have been a pen....I could go on.

Team - pedestrian in the first half (again) but on the odd occasion that we tried to inject some tempo, we looked like scoring.

Defending - poor for both goals with their men having free headers although it looks as though Sasso was knocked over as the corner came in....was he marking the man who scored?

Abdi - always tried to move us forward, looking for the incisive pass. Something we haven't seen in a long time and whilst it didn't always come off, it was good to see someone take responsibility in trying to open up their defence.

Bannan - poor again (not on his own in the first half). Always looking for the easy ball/option. One incident summed it up for me. Reach had the ball and their was loads of space ahead of him behind their right midfielder. Bannan started to run towards and then checked to receive a square ball.....I wish he was more positive.

Forestieri - outstanding second half. If I'm going to be critical, he was a bit greedy at times but he seems to be back at his best. 

Brentford - tidy team who closed us down well and knocked the ball around neatly. Reminded me of us last season

Rhodes - didn't get a lot of service but looked sharp and distracts defenders. Would be better with a proper forward alongside him (SW/GH) with FF on the left so he gets decent service.

Bentley - unbelievable performance, best I have seen for a long time. Without him, we'd have won, despite only starting play after HT.

Tactics - we have got to start on the front foot, play to our strengths and try and batter teams . The second half showed what we are capable of, on another day we would have won. Maybe it is the wake up call that Carlos needs.

We're still in a good position, onwards to Saturday