Hoddle to Work above Gray

Guest SolihullOwl

At QPR he was not making the decisions as to who played and what tactics to employ or to who should be purchased!,That was all down to old Arry! Hoddle coached the players on the training field.

If he had been given authority to pick the team and tactics things may have been different but given QPR is a team built on sand with vastly inflated wages and fees it would be difficult for anyone to be successful in the top flight with them!

Ok the coaching was working well at QPR too, he had them ready and up for the games by the looks of it

Guest totemowl

Last century? Hardly!

He has run a centre in France for best part of ten years in the 21st century offering technical coaching to young professionals released from their clubs and recently been involved at QPR with Redknapp.

That's very much recent! Plus his views on itv sport football coverage have been very insightful, probably the only good thing on their football coverage was Hoddle!

His academy was a colossal failure.

His time at QPR doesn't seem to have been any better.

But his end of match comments are insightful.

Not the qualifications I'd be looking for.

Guest SolihullOwl

I just think that Hoddle and Gray work well together, they get on and if DC is going to bring in somebody above SG in this much talked about TD role , it may as well be GH as there is already a working relationship proven to work between him and Gray.

I like Gray, he is a good, decent, honest man who gives his all to SWFC. I just think he could do with a little expertise help in the areas that allude him and I believe that GH is a good bet to fill that void. Irrespective of some views that offended people 16 years ago.

Offence can be taken by anybody to anything, it does not mean that the person causing offence did so with any malice. I don't believe GH is malicious or nasty at all.

Causing offence is not the same as causing harm.

Guest totemowl

I just think that Hoddle and Gray work well together, they get on and if DC is going to bring in somebody above SG in this much talked about TD role , it may as well be GH as there is already a working relationship proven to work between him and Gray.

I like Gray, he is a good, decent, honest man who gives his all to SWFC. I just think he could do with a little expertise help in the areas that allude him and I believe that GH is a good bet to fill that void. Irrespective of some views that offended people 16 years ago.

Offence can be taken by anybody to anything, it does not mean that the person causing offence did so with any malice. I don't believe GH is malicious or nasty at all.

Causing offence is not the same as causing harm.

These areas that you say allude Gray that Hoddle could help with? What are they?

Guest SolihullOwl

Aside from today's attacking masterpiece, I just feel that Gray lacks something in the flair/creativity department in how to win games.

I'm not taking anything away from SG, he has done a great job in building from the back and creating a solid base, but we've failed to turn clean sheets into victories on a number of occasions.

I do like SG and don't want to get rid of him as he clearly has passion for SWFC as such, but I think SOMETIMES he's out of his depth and I don't want him to drown!,

Guest totemowl

Aside from today's attacking masterpiece, I just feel that Gray lacks something in the flair/creativity department in how to win games.

I'm not taking anything away from SG, he has done a great job in building from the back and creating a solid base, but we've failed to turn clean sheets into victories on a number of occasions.

I do like SG and don't want to get rid of him as he clearly has passion for SWFC as such, but I think SOMETIMES he's out of his depth and I don't want him to drown!,

Ok. I thought you were talking about the DoF position, but it's clear now that you're talking about bringing him in as coach.

I agree we need more coaches and he might be a good choice if he's willing to work up here full time.

Edited by totemowl

Guest SolihullOwl

Not to target myself for ridicule but David Icke admitted that what he said live on Wogan and endorsed for a period of time was pure hocus pocus.

However some of his recent publications on enlightenment and new world orders and 4th dimensions are no more ridiculous than believing in Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Sikhism, Buddhism etc. It's a belief system that works for him.

He's hardly a terrorist is he, he's not a Christian Crusader, Jihadist or Sikh Warrior causing death to disbelievers.

Comparing Hoddle to Icke is to me very amusing!