Burnley Away Train

Guest PointlessOwl

Guest PointlessOwl

Has anyone ever been to Burnley on the train?

Trainline telling me that the leg from Hebden Bridge to Burnley Road Manchester is a bus route?

going down to midland station tomorrow , should be able to get a train to manchester , then onwards to burnley, will let you you know pointless tomorrow .

Sheffield - Manchester Picadilly - Preston - Burnley.

Sheffield - Manchester Victoria- Blackburn - Burnley

No direct train from Manchester. A right pain in the arse as it does look like there is works on the line between Hebden Bridge and Burnley (thats both Burnley Manc Road and Burnley Central).

Edited by Shifty Powers

Guest PointlessOwl

Sheffield - Manchester Picadilly - Preston - Burnley.

Sheffield - Manchester Victoria- Blackburn - Burnley

No direct train from Manchester. A right pain in the arse as it does look like there is works on the line between Hebden Bridge and Burnley (thats both Burnley Manc Road and Burnley Central).

Are they avoiding the bus leg?

Are they avoiding the bus leg?

As far as I can see. Just looking at Manchester Victoria - seems you have to go to Manchester Picadilly anyhow to pick the metro and then it goes onto Victoria, so your best bet would be just to go straight to Picadilly- Preston - Burnley. 

went a few years ago and changed at Leeds seemed ok good sing song on the way home train was heaving won 2-4 when leon bagged a couple of beauts

Great away day - Leon Clarke was unplayable that game. 

got my tickets today from midland station £13 return, any time , thats with a railcard £30 for year for family and friends, change at stockport then strairgt on to burnley ( manor road )

There are no direct trains from Stockport to Burnley!!!!!!! You might have to re think your journey!