Why is the best keeper in this league sat on the bench?

Guest Bald Owl

Kirkland in contention for Boxing Day but Stuart Gray also speaks up for Martinez. Felt defending responsible for goals on Sat. #SWFC

But Kirkland was dropped due to lack of clean sheets (if you believe what our club spouts)... which was down to poor defending, not Kirkland, so surely the same applies to Martinez?

Though Gray is a poor manager and a yes man, so he was always going to trot this crap out.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Guest wilyfox

Kirkland in contention for Boxing Day but Stuart Gray also speaks up for Martinez. Felt defending responsible for goals on Sat. #SWFC

probably means he'll get the nod over Kirkland again then. Personally, i thought Bournemouth's goals were very savable, and i'd rather have Kirkland in there - but Martinez has done well in other games. Not much between them.

probably means he'll get the nod over Kirkland again then. Personally, i thought Bournemouth's goals were very savable, and i'd rather have Kirkland in there - but Martinez has done well in other games. Not much between them.

There's tons between them. Kirkland is superior in every way. Genuinely one of the best keepers in this division is being 'kept out' by a rookie from somewhere else. Joke.

If Martinez plays on Thursday then its an embarrassment. I'm positive he will tho.

Those two goals on Saturday should have been saved. Its not the first time he should have done better either. In my opinion he has conceded more savable goals in the few games he's played than kirkland has in 18 months.

Guest wilyfox

There's tons between them. Kirkland is superior in every way. Genuinely one of the best keepers in this division is being 'kept out' by a rookie from somewhere else. Joke.

If Martinez plays on Thursday then its an embarrassment. I'm positive he will tho.

Those two goals on Saturday should have been saved. Its not the first time he should have done better either. In my opinion he has conceded more savable goals in the few games he's played than kirkland has in 18 months.

Kirkland has conceded the odd softy as well - it happens from time to time. I think they're both good keepers, and our defensive shambles infront of them is a far greater concern.

Kirkland has conceded the odd softy as well - it happens from time to time. I think they're both good keepers, and our defensive shambles infront of them is a far greater concern.

The odd one yes. As I say (and have said before) I feel Martinez could have done better on quite a few of the goals he's conceded. And both on Saturday should have not ended up in the back of the net.

I've also noticed the defence don't seem to have much confidence in him - very rarely passing the ball back.

One of the lousiest, most ridiculous decisions this club has made. And that's saying something.

Guest wilyfox

The odd one yes. As I say (and have said before) I feel Martinez could have done better on quite a few of the goals he's conceded. And both on Saturday should have not ended up in the back of the net.

I've also noticed the defence don't seem to have much confidence in him - very rarely passing the ball back.

One of the lousiest, most ridiculous decisions this club has made. And that's saying something.

well like i said, i'd prefer Kirkland in there; Martinez is a decent prospect though. i wouldn't hang the boy out to dry.

well like i said, i'd prefer Kirkland in there; Martinez is a decent prospect though. i wouldn't hang the boy out to dry.

This is where I still disagree (with many disagree with me). I don't think he is.

Hey ho though. He'll be in the sticks on Thursday.

Edited by senwar