Player Injuries

I for one appreciate all the up-to-date information from the people on Owlstalk, and must check it every hour, but can also understand sometimes the frustrations it can bring for people within the club when stuff leaks out.

Dave Jones had been trying to keep Madine's injury under wraps leading up to the Blackburn game, as they would have quite rightly expected him to play in a 4-4-2 like against Barnsley, and as such would have spent time discussing how to play him, and covered off set pieces, etc. The surprise element when he wasn't named in the squad would have led to them querying our formation and who will be picking up who, but only an hour before kick off and impacting on their preparation.

I've checked back and it wasn't even on the official team news provided by the club, so there was clearly a wish to keep it quiet.

As we know, there's often people who undertake scouting/fishing missions of their own, such as fans from other clubs, and information such as injury news could prove valuable if fed back to the opposition especially 24 hours before kick off as it gives more time to prepare.

This isn't having a go at anyone personally, but whilst stuff like this is great to know, can we not keep it quiet until the teams are out and then when people ask why isn't Madine in the squad let everyone know the reasons why.

For example Gardner was ill all week leading up to the Barnsley game, and didn't train. If he'd been left out of the side then I would have been able to say why, but as we know he played and was immense so I didn't need to.

This fella is ITK. I dont know any fans of other clubs that go on opponents forums, see that someone who is deffo not ITK go back to there actual club and report what they've read. Imagine a 6 fingered dingle going back to flicker, "please sir, it says on owlstalk that gardner is ill and hasnt trained so he might not be playing"

I for one appreciate all the up-to-date information from the people on Owlstalk, and must check it every hour, but can also understand sometimes the frustrations it can bring for people within the club when stuff leaks out.

Dave Jones had been trying to keep Madine's injury under wraps leading up to the Blackburn game, as they would have quite rightly expected him to play in a 4-4-2 like against Barnsley, and as such would have spent time discussing how to play him, and covered off set pieces, etc. The surprise element when he wasn't named in the squad would have led to them querying our formation and who will be picking up who, but only an hour before kick off and impacting on their preparation.

I've checked back and it wasn't even on the official team news provided by the club, so there was clearly a wish to keep it quiet.

As we know, there's often people who undertake scouting/fishing missions of their own, such as fans from other clubs, and information such as injury news could prove valuable if fed back to the opposition especially 24 hours before kick off as it gives more time to prepare.

This isn't having a go at anyone personally, but whilst stuff like this is great to know, can we not keep it quiet until the teams are out and then when people ask why isn't Madine in the squad let everyone know the reasons why.

For example Gardner was ill all week leading up to the Barnsley game, and didn't train. If he'd been left out of the side then I would have been able to say why, but as we know he played and was immense so I didn't need to.

Was it leaked on here?

Players have mates at different clubs and they often chat about stuff going on at their respective clubs

Was it leaked on here?

Players have mates at different clubs and they often chat about stuff going on at their respective clubs

Yeah it was on here. It was purely a point about giving ourselves the best opportunity to win games. Surely that's the most important thing???

Yeah it was on here. It was purely a point about giving ourselves the best opportunity to win games. Surely that's the most important thing???

No problem - i didn't know if it was on here (or who would have access to that information - and more importantly why would they want to post it?)

I was just surmising that if the info hadn't been on here it could have come from players idle chitchat

No problem - i didn't know if it was on here (or who would have access to that information - and more importantly why would they want to post it?)

I was just surmising that if the info hadn't been on here it could have come from players idle chitchat

No worries mate, you've kind of made my point - why would it be worth posting on here?