Leeds and kaiser chiefs

Guest Harry the Owl

Guest dave jones n.1

If my memory is correct, I remember not too long after the arctics took off, jo whiley had a milburn track as her record of the week, she played the track every day and then asked the listeners to call or text the show with their opinions of the track. Just before she opened the phone lines she gave us her opinion of the track/band, she said summat like " not bad but they seem to be just copying the arctic monkeys". If this was her opinion then why have them as record of the week?, stupid split arse, from that moment on every caller just copied her remarks, just to suck up to mighty jo whiley, in my opinion this event did lasting damage to the credibility of the band, GUTTED. If anyone is interested a couple of the band are now in the band BOOK CLUB, their track was played at half time against fulham at hillsborough, UTO

Seen them both live and Arctics knock Kaiser Chiefs into a cocked hat.

Ricky Wilson put on a decent show and can sing, but they don't seem as polished as the Arctics.

They were having to warm up for the Black Keys and then Foo Fighters. Now there is a band. Two and half hours of non stop performance.

UTO :biggrin:

Observe what drummer boy is doing all through the songs. Imo Arctics are the best live band in the world. And Alex is getting better with the 'frontman' thing.

Edited by Almat