Something To Remember About Dave Jones

DJ needs to pick a team and work on them

forget all this 4, 5 ,6 changes every match. Otherwise that stat is going to change very rapidly

agree 100% but I have every confidence in him

Won the majority of games with someone else's players.

Put his team together and they look appalling.

Agreed but these players were only playing at 75% of their capability because that was acceptable. DJ turned them into a machine!

Yep but he only played Lee today because of injuries, there was no other option.

He has claimed Lee is not really/struggling to adapt yet Lee proved him wrong.

IF Lee keeps his place and the one bad game he has he will be dropped mark my words.

I think Lee proved DJ wrong today.

Guest Sheff Owl

Won the majority of games with someone else's players.

Put his team together and they look appalling.

As i just said in another thread..

Why would you just rip up a team that has just got you promoted?

A team that has a brilliant team spirit and bond.

A team that achieved something very special.

You should be adding to the quality to have, not just ripping the heart out of it.

Now IMO i think Dave Jones wanted to prove a point, Megson already came out and said that's my team/squad and maybe Jones thought right and at this moment in time it's backfired.

Hasn't Alan Irvine got the best win ratio of any manager

No, but I think he's reasonably well placed in that regard. However, that does include a number of cup games against the likes of Hereford, Southport and Northampton. Stick purely to league games and that statistic is rather more reflective of reality. Remember in his first season we got relegated with a whimper and he'd made a start on doing it a second time until Mandaric showed him the door.

This is where good managers show their mettle. I wonder if he has faced this situation many times in the past? It seems all too common at S6 waiting for that lucky break that gets some confidence back after a horror winless streak lasting weeks or even months.

He chose to make so many changes in the summer so now he needs to prove it was the right choice. All I see now is an aloof team that is no different to the previously relegated side in terms of lacking ideas and letting their heads drop.

You can talk stats/win ratios blah blah blah all you like. The one that REALLY matters now is played 4 lost 4 (and let in a poo pooload of goals in the process). What's gone on before means bugger all to MM, he sacked Megson when we were 3rd in the League FFS. If we were playing well and losing unluckily DJ could be excused. But we aren't, we are a shadow of the side we were at the end of last season. DJ has been given funds aplenty, these are effectively his players, he has lost the plot and the buck stops with him and him alone. The suspicion that Burton was the real driving force grows stronger by the day...

Edited by Almat