O'Grady to Barnsley

Guest you_are_massive

Have a bad feeling this is already a done deal. Listen to the RS interview with Keith Hill again. Says "he (COG)WILL run thro walls for me", "our fans should think of him as ex-rochdale, not ex-wednesday". Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but think his answer to "are you chasing him ?" may have been a no, because the chase is over. Hope I am wrong.

It's the other way round, he gets stick for all of his signings being former Rochdale players, so said we should think of him as ex-Wednesday not ex-Rochdale. Why would he say "ex-Wednesday"? Sounds like a deal is done. Jones obviously doesn't rate him.

Guest intercity0wl

Imagine how gutted COG would be if he had to leave a club like Wednesday to go and play his football at Oakwell.

Think that one word would be the deciding factor in any move away from Wednesday, get him in our side where he deserves to be on merit and dont think he would entertain a move away anywhere.

Davies 20 goal a season striker no chance even after todays game pal

No worries, mate. Each to their own and all that.

But he was fantastic last season, in his first year at this level, and got 11 goals. They dried up though once we lost our midfield. He needs feeding.

The one thing he lacked last year, was a decent first-touch. And we were all of the opinion that once he improved in that department, he'd be far too good for either us to keep, or for the Championship full-stop.

Yesterday proved he's unstoppable when he's on it. And, it was nice to see him put those goals away, as he's usually more a scorer of 'good' goals, rather than one-on-ones etc.

Just hope we get him tied down. Would hate to see another Vaz Te situation in January...