Des Hazel

The one from the previous season was similar...

sheffield-wednesday-away-football-shirt-1983-1984-s_23512_1.jpg

My favourite ever away shirt closely followed by the 90/91 yellow away shirt.

I was ironing my shirt the day before we went to Liverpool where we won 2-0 at Anfield(Varadi, Shelton) No mean feat in those days.

I had the iron way too hot and i looked in horror as the material just melted a big hole appeared.

Damn nearly cried my eyes out, was only a young 'un. Luckily it was on the back.

Used one of my SWFC patches and simply stitched it over the offending area :sad:

The ginger guy to the left of Mick Lyons btw is Dylan Kerr.

I don't think he managed a first team game for us but made one or two for Leeds when Wilkinson took him up the road in the early 90's.

I think there were loads of ex Owls in that Leeds team.

Kerr, Carlton Palmer, Newsome, Wetherall, Zico, Worthington and Blenkinsop.

UTO!

Dez hazels swansong was in that tournament at wembley- mercentile cup??? Was on tv and we bossed it but lost against forest on pens. Who remembers that???

Thats a photo of the trainees with Mick Lyons on there

Pressman wasn't our keeper in 84 Hodge was the guy to the left of KP is a Rawmarsh lad i think never played for the 1st team went off the rails a bit, I remember him as a bit of a tearaway when he was at school ( i was a youth leader at his schools youth club )

Dez hazels swansong was in that tournament at wembley- mercentile cup??? Was on tv and we bossed it but lost against forest on pens. Who remembers that???

About 87 ~Colin west knocked man utd out with a 25 yard drive. All lads on our street watched it at me mates house and went mental

Yeah went down to it on the Sunday.

Think it was a Saturday and Sunday tournament, there was a decent thread about it a few months back when we were merely a league one club.