Birmingham's team

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest OWLSGAZ

Also gotta say when I saw the likes of ambrose and king I thought they would have killed us but this Wednesday team has its heads screwed on and are looking very strong come on Wednesday

There is a lot to said for confidence, belief and being a team. We have all that in spades after last season. Birmingham are still picking themselves up.

We have been where they are, its great to be where were are

Spoke to some bluenoses after the game, and they were very disappointed at Clark playing 4-5-1.

Scared of losing and stops his teams winning sometimes.

Pleased he didn't bring Lovenkrands on - his pace might have caused us trouble.

Zigic's positioning after he came on, left me baffled. Bizarre player.

Can't really criticise people for thinking we would get beat. I expected us to lose last night, but I think it's down to perception as much as anything. We've just come from League One and have spent all summer asking questions of ourselves, who is good enough, who will step up and whatever.

You then look at a team with names like Burke, Redmond, Zigic, Ambrose and King in it. It's such a step up from League One, really.

But we didn't just battle and scrape a win. We dominated the game and matched Birmingham allover the park. It might take a while, but I think sooner or later we'll get used to the fact that the likes of JJ, Rodri, O'Grady, Madine, McCabe and Semedo are every bit worth the same as the names in that Birmingham team, and the other recently relegated Premiership sides in this league.

Well said Dave. I thought Burke was their best player and was always going to cause us a problem. I was salivating with glee at our general performance..the potential we have is there for all to see. If we can iron out the rough edges, which Im confident DJ will do in time, we will have a great season. It was simply a great night of football and Im still grinning with delight.

On paper they look good. But last night i thought they looked really poor, reverting to hoof ball quite often. Not taking anything away from our performance, which was top notch. First 45 minutes is arguably the best i've seen Wednesday play in many years.

On a side note. Apparently Megson was offered the job at Birmingham, but turned them down after seeing how much of a mess they're in financially. I think they'll be relegation contenders this season.

Spoke to some bluenoses after the game, and they were very disappointed at Clark playing 4-5-1.

Scared of losing and stops his teams winning sometimes.

This is how you end up with a 43 game steak of not losing, but missing out on promotion.

He does know that it's 3 points for a win & 1 for a draw, doesnt he?