Indoctrinated ?

I'm so lucky that I never had any United influence in my life to attempt to cloud my judgement!

I started supporting the Owls on the 28th October '92. Back then I loved football, but was only just starting to understand league structure. I liked many teams, but the Sheffield Wednesday part of my heart burnt strongest... Then I found out most of my family (appart from 2 pigs that married into the family) were Owls. From then on in I was 100% Wednesday.

I'm so lucky that I had the mental power to follow the Owls having NO direction what so ever from family due to being born and bred in Portsmouth.

Edited by pompeyowl

Guest DLHBin

My Dad took me to Hillsborough for the first time in 92, just before my 5th birthday. He had no allegiance at the time, having only been in Sheffield a few years. He told me he used to go watch whoever was at home, however he much preferred the atmosphere at Hillsborough, so when I was banging on at him to take me to the footy, he chose Hillsborough. Me mum packed me a bag with tapes, books and all sorts to keep me entertained as her thoughts on me going were and I quote "You must be mad taking a four year old to the footy. He'll never sit through ninety minutes!". Never touched the bag, was glued to the game from the first whistle to the last and have been an Owl ever since. Having a google search I can tell you my first game was Feb 21st 1992, First Division, Wednesday v West Ham, 2-1 to the MASSIVE!