Wednesday's first team next season : Which players ?

After our fantastic season and deserved promotion to the championship, it's obvious that there will be plenty of changes in the summer. Batth, Treacy, Ranger and Antonio will be going back to their parent clubs and there are some of our own players out of contract, notably, Bywater, Rob Jones, Beevers, Jermaine Johnson, Weaver and Sedgewick. I have a feeling that we will sign Treacy which would be great for the club, as i think he looks a quality player, but i can't see us retaining Batth, Antonio or Ranger. Batth will begin to get opportunities at Wolves, Ranger isn't quite what we are looking for at this moment in time and Antonio is just a superb player who may well be able to force himself into the Reading team.

I think that Dave Jones will retain and offer new contracts to Beevers, Bywater and Johnson. I am not too sure about Rob Jones, as i think the championship is a little bit beyone him and we need someone who is a little better distributing the ball. I think that Buxton, Liera, Reda Johnson, Lines, Prutton, Semedo and Madine will play a big part in next years campaign. I am doubtful that O'Grady and Lowe will be kept, in particular O'Grady and i think two new strikers will be added in the summer, primarily to play alongside Madine. I am not sure if Mike Jones will be kept or sold, i have a feeling he may leave, alongside Sedgewick who hasn't really figured a great deal this year and is out of contract this summer.

I think that Weaver will be given reduced terms or leave the club and an understudy will be found for Bywater. The areas that need bolstering will be another right back to back up Buxton, another left back to back up Reda Johnson, another winger, two midfield players and two strikers. In all, i can see around ten new players arriving at Hillsborough next season. Who do you think will leave Wednesday ? Who do you think will be retained ? Who do you believe is good enough to progress to the championship and who do you believe has reached their limit ? Finally, who would you like to see at the club next year, because i can see one or two decent names arriving and boostering the squead for a promotion push.

Thanks

Ps My first post lol.

We won't make big changes and big changes arn't needed.

Look at Southampton and Norwich. They kept the nucleus of their side and just added key players here and there. Plus, we haven't got lots of money to chuck about revamping a squad spending millions here and there. People need to get the idea that we're going to chuck money about all over the place as they'll be disappointed.

Ideally I think our squad should look something like this...

Bywater

Weaver

O'Donnell

Jameson

Buxton

(New RB)

Batth (Do anything to sign him)

Llera

R. Jones

Beevers

R. Johnson

(New LB)

Antonio (Season loan or permanent deal)

J. Johnson

Semedo

Lines

Prutton

(New CM)

Palmer

Treacy (Permanent deal)

M. Jones

Madine

(New striker)

(New striker)

Lowe

Look at moving out....

Sedgwick, Morrison, Otsemebor, Reynolds, Coke, D. Jones, O'Grady, Bennett

Something like that anyways.

Guest Sheff Owl

There isn't gonna be major changes and i hope there isn't.

Many of the players are good enough, yes get rid of some of the deadwood and bring some extra quality, it's worked for Southampton and Norwich.

We can't just rip the team spirit apart, we need to carry on but with some extra quality.

We won't make big changes and big changes arn't needed.

Look at Southampton and Norwich. They kept the nucleus of their side and just added key players here and there. Plus, we haven't got lots of money to chuck about revamping a squad spending millions here and there. People need to get the idea that we're going to chuck money about all over the place as they'll be disappointed.

Ideally I think our squad should look something like this...

Bywater

Weaver

O'Donnell

Jameson

Buxton

(New RB)

Batth (Do anything to sign him)

Llera

R. Jones

Beevers

R. Johnson

(New LB)

Antonio (Season loan or permanent deal)

J. Johnson

Semedo

Lines

Prutton

(New CM)

Palmer

Treacy (Permanent deal)

M. Jones

Madine

(New striker)

(New striker)

Lowe

Look at moving out....

Sedgwick, Morrison, Otsemebor, Reynolds, Coke, D. Jones, O'Grady, Bennett

Something like that anyways.

Your squad is roughly how i see things aswell. My only changes to yours would be a different keeper to Weaver, as i think he is too injury prone, i can't see Rob Jones being retained and neither can i see Liam Palmer being part of any squad next year. I agree with the released players you mentioned and i think that Treacy is a must signing. Batth will be difficult to get, but is a possibility, Antonio would be a fantastic season long loan signing. Totally agree with your striker choices aswell. I don't think we will spend fortunes, but i can see one or two named players coming to the club who have experience playing at the top level and what would be considered excellent championship players.

Your squad is roughly how i see things aswell. My only changes to yours would be a different keeper to Weaver, as i think he is too injury prone, i can't see Rob Jones being retained and neither can i see Liam Palmer being part of any squad next year. I agree with the released players you mentioned and i think that Treacy is a must signing. Batth will be difficult to get, but is a possibility, Antonio would be a fantastic season long loan signing. Totally agree with your striker choices aswell. I don't think we will spend fortunes, but i can see one or two named players coming to the club who have experience playing at the top level and what would be considered excellent championship players.

Is rob jones even out of contract?

I think i have got that wrong !! I think it's Daniel Jones.............So many bloody Jones' at the club now lol.

To be honest mate i dont even think he`s out of contract either,irvine signed him on a 3 year deal i believe.

Guest wilyfox

if Mike Jones is a first-team regular for us next season, i'll eat my lonsdale pants! DJ rates him so highly he went and brought in Treacy at the first opportunity. we have a number of players still with question marks over their heads as to whether they can cut it in league one; are they really likely to make an impression on the champ..? DJ has already said he always wants better than he's got; he wont settle with players he doesn't think will make the grade.

Guest mcowl66

need to keep both young keepers O'Donnell and Jameson, but think one will be let go. Not thinking about the future :sad: