Huddersfield parking

First time visiting udders for me. How quickly can you leave the stadium car park providing that you are still there at the full time whistle. Are there any streets or other places that provide a quicker getaway and if so how early do you have to get there to get a spot?

Was an absolute joke last season. Got parked ok in a pub car park for a fiver but then after the game West Yorkshire's finest wouldn't let us turn right out of the stadium so we had a 20 minute walk right round to get back to the car.

A 20 minute walk that took us straight through the Huddersfield fans was deemed safer than just going out the same way we came in.

Hate the West Yorkshire police.

We went to the game, while the wives went shopping, came out after the match, and then had to hang about for more than an hour, to be picked up. We weren't allowed to go the obvious way to get to the main road, and were made to walk for what seemed miles, to get to where we'd arranged to meet after the game. You could see it from the stadium, but weren't allowed to walk down to the spot, which would have taken less than five minutes. It's an absolute nightmare, and the police are shocking. Most other grounds you can reason with the police, but at Huddersfield they're rubbish.

Guest Sunflower

I've mentioned this before on another thread, car park opposite from The Somerset Arms on Wakefield Rd, about 10 mins walk to ground, no prob getting out after game and its only £1.50.

I had the same problems last time - firstly the police wouldn't let us go to where the car was parked, so had to go a ridiculously stupid way round. Then when we did get there, all the roads were just gridlocked from all the carparks emptying for 45 mins.

So this year going to try and park somewhere just off the A629 and walk up the B6432. Probably a 15 minute walk, but shouldn't be blocked by the Police and should be able to get straight off back to Sheff once at the car.

I had the same problems last time - firstly the police wouldn't let us go to where the car was parked, so had to go a ridiculously stupid way round. Then when we did get there, all the roads were just gridlocked from all the carparks emptying for 45 mins.

So this year going to try and park somewhere just off the A629 and walk up the B6432. Probably a 15 minute walk, but shouldn't be blocked by the Police and should be able to get straight off back to Sheff once at the car.

not a bad plan, i don't mind a short walk if the exit is going to be swifter

Guest Owl-S35

I got to uni at Huddersfield and drive from Sheffield so there is quite a few options.

St Andrews Road B6432 (5mins walk) - University car park, cost around £2.50ish - other car parks on same road but these are very small and get full quickly.

Corner of Kings Mill Lane just off A629 (10 mins walk) - £2.20

Commercial Street off Kings bridge road (15mins walk) - £2.20

As for getting away quickly the best ones are the latter two, slightly further away but quicker for getting away

For some reason we chose this as our weekend trip, so we're in a hotel for Saturday night. Parking at the hotel early on Saturday morning, taking a bus into town, few drinks, then game. Stroll back to the hotel, drink, curry, drink. Home on Sunday morning. No probs.