Awful starts

Guest TonyOwl88

Guest TonyOwl88

What is it all about? We just can't seem to hack the begining of matches. Or is it that we don't wake up untill we've conceeded a few?

It disappointing to see this hasn't really been rectified. All the talk about strikers is detracting from defensive problems I really thought we'd sorted out in the summer.

Its also disappointing that we didn't give it a good go at Blackburn in terms of team selection.... although I do understand why.

Let's hope we don't see more early goals conceeded against Scunny or my brother is going to take the wee wee somet proper.

UTO

Guest Darkus Owlus

The early conceeds imo comes from the players frame of mind. It just seems as we go into games a bit lax then it takes a half-time team rollocking to install some belief but can sometimes come too late.

Last season we did start some games well but then got unlucky and gave away a stupid goal and the heads dropped and we almost never recovered in those instances - this season well....Notts County? There's reason to be optimistic but also reason to have some concern as the problem still exists but to a lesser extent that last season.

Keeping it mind it was a Premiership though so it's not too important to dwell on that this time.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

I think we are shaky at the back in general, we also panick for a good ten minutes after conceding too.

It was a massive win for us on Saturday, I hate to say it but we were still flying by the seat of our pants at times. If we are to get where we need to be this season, we need to be a lot more convincing at the back. Notts County missed some good chances.

Guest TonyOwl88

Keeping it mind it was a Premiership though so it's not too important to dwell on that this time.

True, and I'd rather us make the mistakes in competitions other than the league, but I do worry that we don't look solid enough to build the team on our defensive base.

We need better concentration levels out of our team. Even against a Premiership side, 3 goals in 7 minutes is poor.

Guest totemowl

Reminds me of a previous league cup tie against Blackburn at Ewood Park. We went 4-0 up within 17 minutes.

Both in the premiership then though.