Owls: It

Guest inman

"Owls: It’s make of break

By nobody in particular"

A nothing article with a headline that's not even worthy of calling a schoolboy error!

What do these local journo's do all day?

:mad:

Edit: It was by B1GGs of course in the Sheffield Telegraph

Thought your reply

// in the reply bit //

was better than the article itself.

its investigator journalisim at it's best (sheffield telegraphs best)

I'm confused.....

Apologies, I should have put a link to the offending article, but that's been taken care of by others now so all is well.

What really annoyed me was that it was an absolute nothing article but it was completely negative which the club just doesn't need or deserve - why would a local reporter do that? What's his agenda?

All he's done is dredge up a quote from several months ago, added the usual bunch of cliches and made the highly unoriginal conclusion that if a team fails to live up to expectations then the manager's job can be in peril; like WOW, what great insight!

It's a pity that B1ggs and the Editor at the paper don't also strive to meet Manderic's standards: “I won’t tolerate anything less than success.” where success for a journo means actually talking to the local clubs and reporting back on interesting, relevant and timely issues.

I'm not for one minute saying that the local press should be 'happy clappers' but why trot out a pointless scare-story about the manager before the season's even kicked off? The story could/should be about how Wednesday are aiming high and how Manderic, Megson and the players are all focussed on achieving the target of promotion; that is a positive story.

Surely the local papers would sell more copies if fans knew they would read genuine news from a source that was generally supportive of all the local clubs? It wouldn't be so bad but when there are real problems at the clubs that the fans need to know about the flippin' journo's seem to lose the ability to write a single sentence about it!

At least there's always Dispatches to fill the void and give us Owls fans a good laugh!

Apologies, I should have put a link to the offending article, but that's been taken care of by others now so all is well.

What really annoyed me was that it was an absolute nothing article but it was completely negative which the club just doesn't need or deserve - why would a local reporter do that? What's his agenda?

All he's done is dredge up a quote from several months ago, added the usual bunch of cliches and made the highly unoriginal conclusion that if a team fails to live up to expectations then the manager's job can be in peril; like WOW, what great insight!

It's a pity that B1ggs and the Editor at the paper don't also strive to meet Manderic's standards: “I won’t tolerate anything less than success.” where success for a journo means actually talking to the local clubs and reporting back on interesting, relevant and timely issues.

I'm not for one minute saying that the local press should be 'happy clappers' but why trot out a pointless scare-story about the manager before the season's even kicked off? The story could/should be about how Wednesday are aiming high and how Manderic, Megson and the players are all focussed on achieving the target of promotion; that is a positive story.

Surely the local papers would sell more copies if fans knew they would read genuine news from a source that was generally supportive of all the local clubs? It wouldn't be so bad but when there are real problems at the clubs that the fans need to know about the flippin' journo's seem to lose the ability to write a single sentence about it!

At least there's always Dispatches to fill the void and give us Owls fans a good laugh!

nobody is to journalism what Bellsview is to handgliding... lol

Edited by daveyboy66

If it's a rubbish article by a nobody that means nothing... then why draw attention to it?

In the hope that somebody (or even nobody :dry: ) will take notice and we might get a better standard of press.