Neil Mellor

"For those of you who have missed the point"

"I am sure he could do a good job if he signed for us"

I really think you've waffled so much, you've missed the point, your own point, if there ever really was one to start with.

If he could do a job for us, which no one really questions, the rest is pretty much irrelevant. The fact that he excelled when Megson came in and made us slightly more defensive, surely, speaks volumes for him. He's lost weight, Megson is still here, we'll likely play a similar style to back-end of last season so it's reasonable to expect not to see mid-season-Mellor but end of season-Mellor if he returns. Let's hope he does!

Guest 03 owl

See a doctor ASAP :dry:

I think i'll need a Councillor after this Pre-Season :biggrin: and especially after loads of Mellor Threads :).

For those of you who have missed the point

This post is about Neil Mellors performances in the LEAGUE .....

13 goals in 24+9 league performances. Terrible eh?

:huh:

The fact is, we were second in the league up to Xmas and Mellor scored very few goals to win us the points when we needed to keep up with the leaders. All this 'he didn't get the service' is crap.....how come he scored 20 goals in all competitions then if he didn't get the service?

We were in 2nd place on 18th December, even though we'd just been walloped 1-5 by Exeter. Mellor came on as substitute that day, but I suppose he should have scored the four goals we needed? Until April, when he went on his scoring spree and re-established himself as a fixture in the starting line-up he made just 6+2 appearances in the league, scoring 1 goal. That isn't great, but judging someone on basically a handful of games when the team was in free-fall is quite frankly crass idiocy. Especially when you consider that the other three strikers combined for just 6 strikes between them (Madine 3, Heffernan 2, Morrison 1) in that same 17 game spell.

To be honest, you're coming across as someone screaming desperately down the corridor as they are dragged off by the men in white coats.