Barnsley pre-season friendly confirmed

Anyone remember us playing PSV Eindhoven? (2000/01?) With their 22 supporters... :biggrin:

Yea, that was a good game I seem to remember. I've got the programme somewhere with that slacker Sibon on the front cover

Dint we play a dutch team in about 2003, ADO Den Haag n think Quinny scored, we probably lost still though!

Yep, lost 2-1, I got in with my dad about 5 minutes late and we were losing 1-0 already. Same pre season we Played Newcastle at Hillsborough and beat quite a strong side (minus Shearer) 4-3 after being 3-1 down :biggrin: what an epic match that was, I thought that season would be quality, how wrong I was :blush:

Said that despite his numerous football connections around Europe (he mentioned Ajax) it's difficult to attract high profile teams to play at a third division club.

[/quote

I thought he misunderstood the question because what he actually said was that it's difficult to attract high profile players to play at a third division club.

No he meant that playing an English third division club doesn't motivate high profile players when the whole idea of a pre-season friendly is to test your level of fitness and skill, team bonding etc. A walk in the park doesn't do that, no matter how perceivedly famous the club is. :rolleyes:

Yep, lost 2-1, I got in with my dad about 5 minutes late and we were losing 1-0 already. Same pre season we Played Newcastle at Hillsborough and beat quite a strong side (minus Shearer) 4-3 after being 3-1 down :biggrin: what an epic match that was, I thought that season would be quality, how wrong I was :blush:

Oh yeah I missed bus to Newcastle game so went home thinking we'd get hammered anyway :blink: how wrong was I! Dint Kuqi score!!

This flippingfixture winds me up so much, a pre season game with these fookers, cant wait for the day when they're not even on our radar, just shows how far we've fallen.

Send the flippingu18's to play em.

90 minutes of the six fingered fookers taking the wee wee cos we're a league below when they know they'd like a fraction of our clubs history.!

Oh yeah I missed bus to Newcastle game so went home thinking we'd get hammered anyway :blink: how wrong was I! Dint Kuqi score!!

Yeah, and if I remember correctly either Craig Armstrong or Dean Smith got the winner :laugh: possibly my only good memory of that squad.

Guest jimmyowl77

Yeah remember that match. It was chucking it down with rain and Pablo Bonvin made his debut I think. Seem to remember him playing well.

was this the game Di Piedi came on as sub and the ref had to to tell the manager to take him off before he sent him off :biggrin:

Edited by jimmyowl77

Guest Saturday Owl

Hopefully more local friendlies are going to be organized, one at Hillsborough against Donny would be good.

Should be another good day out in the summer, take over the Dingle's shed and get it rocking.

Let's show the '#1 team in South Yorkshire' why were the #1 largest in South Yorkshire.