Sheffield and Hallamshire Senior Cup

This years final will be contested by Stocksbridge Park Steels and Parkgate at Hillsborough 3rd May Kick off 7pm.

This may be of intrest to you guys as I hear on the grape vine that both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United will be back in the cup next season. (As in previous years paying their way out)

This years final will be contested by Stocksbridge Park Steels and Parkgate at Hillsborough 3rd May Kick off 7pm.

This may be of intrest to you guys as I hear on the grape vine that both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United will be back in the cup next season. (As in previous years paying their way out)

What the?

Where you heard this?

Heard a couple of F.A. officals while watching some of these games. Not sure how much it cost for both wednesday and united to elemintate themselves but the cup take precendant over league games, because its the F.A.

Tbh, that sounds like rubbish :biggrin: Local FA Senior Cups are compulsory for non-league sides, but invitational for league sides. And not many take up the invite (Derby do)

.can still remember beating united at the lane (75 ish) with tom mccallister chucking one in his own net for the winner , we all celebrated like we had won the champions league .

That was for the County Cup, a different competition. Wednesday last entered the Senior Cup in the 1950's

Having worked at league level and often been involved in county senior cup games i can tell you for a fact they do not take precedence over professional league game - they are arranged for when there is a date in the calendar when it's a league club involved - they are lesser in priority than the FA Cup, FL Cup and league games for certain.

I suppose it'll give us an opportunity to give the kids some experience if we re-enter the competition

I have to say i can't see any point whatsoever in us entering such a competition

Tbh, that sounds like rubbish :biggrin: Local FA Senior Cups are compulsory for non-league sides, but invitational for league sides. And not many take up the invite (Derby do)

All clubs Qualify but there is a fine for all clubs who do not compete although I think it is next to nothing for clubs like SWFC and SUFC.

Having worked at league level and often been involved in county senior cup games i can tell you for a fact they do not take precedence over professional league game - they are arranged for when there is a date in the calendar when it's a league club involved - they are lesser in priority than the FA Cup, FL Cup and league games for certain.

I suppose it'll give us an opportunity to give the kids some experience if we re-enter the competition

I have to say i can't see any point whatsoever in us entering such a competition

But since there will be no reserve team next season will it be the only competiton the kids play for.

I understand that but what about the players who don't qualify for the youth or academy league where do they get thier competitve football.

Games arranged at the convenience of the club - which is one of the reasons for scrapping the reserves - and lots of clubs are doing it this way now as well

Games arranged at the convenience of the club - which is one of the reasons for scrapping the reserves - and lots of clubs are doing it this way now as well

Seen this quote but has a footballer or a human being if you say its a game against another club for the covienience of a club or to a player who has some silverware to win which one would you see a better player? I can understand reserve games being scrapped some awful games i've seen not much fight in them. but cup comptitions later down the line can bring so much out of a player or players and team because its silverware or a medal.