Gone about it the wrong way

Personally (with the pleasure of hindsight) I think we have gone about building a squad completely the wrong way. We tried to bring in a load of "Jonny Big gonads" players who are Championship "quality".

When you look at the teams that have got out of this league over the last few years (Norwich, Leeds, Millwall etc.) then you see that they have built a squad of young hungry players who have never played in the bright lights and have a hunger to achieve, yes they may have the odd old head in there to add some wisdom and quality but on the whole the squads are full of players who want to be successful rather than ones that think they all ready are.

Next season we need to build a squad of young, hungry players who have enough talent to compete but as a collective can fight for each other. We currently have a squad of 20 individuals who all think they are the best player in the league. You only have to look at interviews to see it - "On paper we are the best team in the league". It is just arrogant really to think that when you are sat 16th in the league!

Milan, you have been warned!

Just not bothered...

Guest arobert

Excellent post in my view.

Irivne did exactly what Preston fans said he would do and brought in a batch of over-age, overpaid has beens:

Sedgwick

Morrison C

Mellor

Con man Teale

The real problem we have is that with the exception of loanee Mellor he gave them all two year deals.

Unfortunately getting rid of them is going to be very difficult or very costly.

Been saying it for months, look at the squads Leeds and Norwich pissed this league with. Young, hungry, pacey, comfortable and skilled with the ball at their feet.

Irvine has f*cked us up big time by signing has beens and never beens on 2 year contracts. I don't know how there can be any argument against him being the worst manager in our history.

Guest Saturday Owl

Don't worry we'll get rid of most of them, a lot of the poo poo is also out of contract thank god.

We need to release every out of contract player in the club and get rid of Sedgwick, C.Morrison, Mellor and Teale.

Then we can start building around our January signings who I firmly believe will all come good.

I know Reynolds has had a lot of criticism but it's young players like him we need to build around.