Dead Ball situations.

Guest 03 owl

Guest 03 owl

If Teale takes another free kick for us i am going to go mental lol .

Dead ball situations today was terrible.

if any weds player floats another cross in rather than whip it down the CB and goalkeepers throat with the height we have ill just be shaking in a mental home or something :biggrin:

Guest Saturday Owl

Chesterfield players can cross oh and they have a pretty good manager too top delievery last night.

We have a very good manager, just poo poo players.

I think it's a confidence thing.

Drilled crosses only have a small margin for error and it's much harder to get them to go where you'd like, rather than either hitting the first man or blasting them straight out of play on the far side. With a floated cross you've got much more control over the area where the ball's going to land and less chance of it being over/under hit, with the downside being that it's obviously much easier to defend no matter where you try and place it.

Our wingers need to have the confidence to just smack the ball into the middle. It might go horribly wrong, but even if it doesn't go anywhere near where you intended there's a decent chance it'll cause a much bigger problem for the defence regardless.

It's fair enough to see a cross floated in from the half-way line from a free kick (it should actually be done much more often in my opinion, play the percentages as they say - don't just lay it off 5 yards to keep possession and build up an attack), but from out wide you always need to get some power behind them I feel. Cause the defence a problem, make them panic.

What ever profession you are in, practice/experience makes perfect. Everyone makes mistakes and you can't expect every delivery from a dead ball or a cross in open play to be perfect. Thing is that these players are training all week so you would at the very least expect that most deliveries or crosses would be good and it isn't. So what the hell are they doing in training.

If Teale takes another free kick for us i am going to go mental lol .

Dead ball situations today was terrible.

if any weds player floats another cross in rather than whip it down the CB and goalkeepers throat with the height we have ill just be shaking in a mental home or something :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

laughing at the comment not the fact that we allow mr Bentley red boots to waste countless opportunities, haven;t we got anyone that can cross a ball in the Club ffs