I usually consider myself a moderate

I usually consider meself as a moderate where footballs concerned, i don't usually act in a knee jerk sort of fashion on the back of the odd result.

But...

This is now way past flipping ridiculous...We have a squad that should be tearing this division a new one, and we are getting stuffed by the likes of Orient, Exeter...ad flipping nauseum..

It is honestly time to walk Alan...I'm not going to give it the vitriolic stuff some fans use, you probably have done your best...its simply nowhere near good enough...

I have not a coaching badge, but from years of watching Wednesday under legions of managers i have the experience to know when the bloody boat is being called in...start rowing mate...you have failed miserably...and i am sure if you sre honest with yoursel;f you will realise it.

As for the bloody managers association that Mr Wilkinson is a part of...if this affecting Mr Mandaric's thinking i would say forget it Milan...the results simply speak for themselves...Irvine has a squad of players that other managers in this division would ive an arm for...

Times up Alan...do the decent thing....this is not Fvckin' Preston...We expect summatt!

Agree 100%.

Guest Buxtonian

One thing is painfully obvious. Despite all the 'top' names we have, the two things we do not have are a) a TEAM and b) a leader of that team.

At present, everyone seems to be playing for themselves, and not as a team. Top players are never oblivious of each other. They work for each other, not just for themselves. Likewise, every team needs an on-field Leader, who's prepared to encourage, castigate if needs be, in general to motivate them. This was a job that Darren Purse was doing at one period, but unfortunately this seemed to fizzle out. Whilst I was one who called for his dropping from the side because of his poor performances, I must admit to being very surprised at the speed, and the silence of his departure. This to me meant that something is wrong somewhere. For a side to put in 2 performances such as Bristol, where we were crap for the fist 45 mins then came out and played them off the park, and likewise against Charlton, to add to the defeats at Exeter and then Orient, shows that something in the camp is not right. This is not a new thing either. We were told, and it became obvious, that Laws had 'lost the dressing room', and this led to his departure. The same thing is happening again, and although I am not screaming for Irvine's departure, I shall be pleased to see it. BUT, I wonder if the cause does not lie elsewhere. whatever, the cancer must be discovered and cut out.

Certainly, if and when Irvine goes, his successor is going to have to be a strong man who will be prepared to say that things will be done his way and anyone not liking it and can lump it, toe the line or leave.

One thing is painfully obvious. Despite all the 'top' names we have, the two things we do not have are a) a TEAM and b) a leader of that team.

At present, everyone seems to be playing for themselves, and not as a team. Top players are never oblivious of each other. They work for each other, not just for themselves. Likewise, every team needs an on-field Leader, who's prepared to encourage, castigate if needs be, in general to motivate them. This was a job that Darren Purse was doing at one period, but unfortunately this seemed to fizzle out. Whilst I was one who called for his dropping from the side because of his poor performances, I must admit to being very surprised at the speed, and the silence of his departure. This to me meant that something is wrong somewhere. For a side to put in 2 performances such as Bristol, where we were crap for the fist 45 mins then came out and played them off the park, and likewise against Charlton, to add to the defeats at Exeter and then Orient, shows that something in the camp is not right. This is not a new thing either. We were told, and it became obvious, that Laws had 'lost the dressing room', and this led to his departure. The same thing is happening again, and although I am not screaming for Irvine's departure, I shall be pleased to see it. BUT, I wonder if the cause does not lie elsewhere. whatever, the cancer must be discovered and cut out.

Certainly, if and when Irvine goes, his successor is going to have to be a strong man who will be prepared to say that things will be done his way and anyone not liking it and can lump it, toe the line or leave.

The missing link is ............................... if we knew we would indeed be wise, MM get a grip fast please.

Calls for AI to be sacked, or to walk, are far from knee jerk.

The only good thing he has done is brought some very good quality players to the club.

Apart from this, his reign has been a complete failure - failure to stay in the Championship, and a failure to compete in a division we should be fighting to win.