Season Ticket Pricing

Guest Thorney811

Guest Buxtonian

Good to tell that many of our posters are not also cricket fans. Try getting a DAY at a test match for under £50. Honestly think that the new ST pricing has gone a long way to addressing many of the complaints about pricing. I wonder how many of the complainants smoke (what's the price of a packet of fags?), drink (price of a pint?), watch Sky (what's the price for Sky subscription?). I am fortunate in one way in that I am now eligible for Senior Citizen Discount, but even at the price of the full ticket, I think its great value for money-and would be prepared to pay. And that does not count the cost of time, effort, petrol,parking etc and travel from Buxton.

I am convinced that some people who call themselves Wednesdayites would complain if they were let in free. They would then want a pie thrown in.

Edited by Buxtonian

Good to tell that many of our posters are not also cricket fans. Try getting a DAY at a test match for under £50. Honestly think that the new ST pricing has gone a long way to addressing many of the complaints about pricing. I wonder how many of the complainants smoke (what's the price of a packet of fags?), drink (price of a pint?), watch Sky (what's the price for Sky subscription?). I am fortunate in one way in that I am now eligible for Senior Citizen Discount, but even at the price of the full ticket, I think its great value for money-and would be prepared to pay. And that does not count the cost of time, effort, petrol,parking etc and travel from Buxton.

I am convinced that some people who call themselves Wednesdayites would complain if they were let in free. They would then want a pie thrown in.

Its not really the same is it Test Match £50 a ticket!!! Thats to watch England if you didnt no??? You can get in to some Yorkshire games for £5 next season and that is comparable.

I have Sky which costs me approx £56/month for the TV with a additional box(extra for phone & internet) but how many hours of football/boxing/cricket do you think i watch for that? Drink i do but as i say I WILL BUY A SEASON TICKET NEXT YEAR all being well its not us fans they needed feedback from on ticket prices as we are still there now its those who only turn up for 1/2 games a season we need to talk to and tempt back.

Can i say prices are ok in general in my eyes but i dont think we will sell more than 13/14k next season at those prices which means we are again hopeing for big walk up match day sales and this will all depend on where/which lge we are in so we cant count on that for the playing budget in the summer.

Guest Thorney811

Again it appears some of my points are been overlooked by certain people???

I don't think £18 to watch league one football (even my beloved owls) is good value for money - just my opinion.

I can see that many of you are honest,loyal wednesdayites and i applaud you for sticking to the boys through thick and thin

I suppose we will only really know how many Wednesdayites are of the same opinion when it comes to overall ticket sales for the season - I am confident enough to say there is no way on gods earth we will sell more than 15,000 at the prices we are offering.

I think i've drained this topic now to a point of saturation and so will stop now adding comments but as a closing statement - We won't sell 15,000 tickets at those prices, my estimate for sales by the mrach deadline is 9 thousand.

I'd have paid £300 to just to clear the fvckin' boardroom and get the old lot out....i now get some football as well....

I know it can be hard to ante up just after Xmas..but i'm going to do it....its a saving in the long run...i feel for those that cannot afford it at that time, but you really can't please everyone...

As "Seniors" now and long-term koppites, the missus and I feel that for us at least the prices are reasonable as we can spread the payments over the whole year, which fits in with our reduced budget. Yes we would like better facilities, and no obstructions but would rather have what we have now, than be priced out of going altogether.

We'd all like everything to be cheaper, of course, but the club has worked hard and the price of a ST is fair.

I don't look on my ST just as an entrance ticket though, it's more than that to me, it's a badge of pride and honour and shows I'm going to support the club whatever happens. If I can't get to a game the club are still supported financially (and I give my ticket to someone who can't afford to go).

I know some people say they cannot afford it and in some cases this is true but in many cases what they mean is "I'd rather spend the money on something else". £298 is (rather obviously) less than £1 a day over a year. Most people can save £1 a day, it's the price of a paper, a fifth of a packet of fags, a third of a pint, etc etc.

I can easily afford it now but there were times when I couldn't so I cut out something that was less important.

After a decade of misery we're now on our way, the season tickets are a bargain!